Join Our Team
We're hiring! Net Impact is the leading nonprofit empowering a new generation to create social and environmental change in the workplace and the world. As we enter our 20th year, we're kicking off a ten-year strategic plan that means big growth, big ideas, and even bigger impact. And we're looking for some committed, collaborative talent to join our team of fun-loving but hard-working leaders to make it happen. Are you up for the challenge? Then check out our the open positions below.
- Director, Interactive Marketing & Membership
- Marketing Production Associate
- Chapter Growth & Engagement Associate
- Interested in being a Net Impact Fellow?
Net Impact is currently seeking a creative, entrepreneurial marketing leader to serve as Director of Interactive Marketing and Membership. Reporting to the VP Programs and acting as a member of the senior leadership team, this hire will oversee strategic communications planning with an eye to broadening Net Impact’s reach and membership. With responsibility for growing Net Impact’s membership reach and program engagement, the Director will supervise and guide a team of three professionals implementing a comprehensive plan to reach multiple audiences via multiple channels, producing outstanding communications and marketing initiatives that deliver high levels of engagement and action. This individual will join the senior leadership team of a fast-moving and ambitious organization at a critical and exciting inflection point in our history.
The ideal candidate will be a brilliant communicator who is passionate about (and experienced with) online and offline community-building and content delivery. S/he will be tech savvy, with a successful track record in acquisition marketing and digital engagement. This person will be highly strategic and resourceful, with a hands-on approach to expanding Net Impact’s program engagement and member base. This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative and results-oriented professional with strong communications, interactive marketing, and management skills to join a successful organization at a critical time of growth.
- In support of the 10-year strategic plan, oversee the development and implementation of interactive marketing efforts including, but not limited to Net Impact’s campus campaigns, career programs, conference, and member and chapter communities
- Demonstrate creativity, out of the box thinking, and resourcefulness to lead a small but productive team to meet ambitious growth and engagement goals
Vision and Growth
- Develop a clear vision for growing membership and engaging that membership to achieve strategic outcomes
- Grow Net Impact’s member community through traditional and untraditional cross-channel marketing. Tactics to include member campaigns, partnerships, search engine optimization, Google Ad words, and social and traditional media outlets
Strategic Planning & Communications
- Deepen member engagement and program participation through online and offline tactics. Set specific program outcomes with program team, lead marketing efforts to meet program outcomes, and measure effectiveness
- Lead a comprehensive and efficient planning process to reach multiple audiences via various communications channels
- Oversee key digital communication channels (social media, blog, email, and other online communications content), leading efforts to produce relevant and engaging communications to the community that result in measurable action
- Build on existing technology platforms to increase efficiency and support data-driven decision making
Membership Strategy and Execution
- Responsible for understanding needs and aspirations of membership, which spans college students to mid-career professionals across the globe. Leads analysis of member engagement and member feedback loops, including member survey process and member database analytics. Together with Program and Web teams, develop a monetized membership model that drives revenue to support financial sustainability
- Articulate a member value proposition that compels individuals to join Net Impact, and supports long-term member satisfaction throughout member lifecycle; responsible for monetizing members and increasing paid member revenue
- Oversee membership-related processes, such as data reporting and analysis, projections, and automated email communications
- Supervise 3+ direct reports in a highly functioning program marketing team that works collaboratively across the organization, especially with program teams and brand marketing team
- Foster a positive culture of enthusiasm and excellence across the entire organization
- 7- 10+ years progressive experience in digital marketing and membership initiatives, with a track record of successful marketing growth and engagement at an innovative, fast-paced, and growing nonprofit or social enterprise organization
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing interactive marketing strategies aimed at building/growing online and engaged mailing lists, ideally, in a membership model
- Strong team and staff management skills. Must work extremely well with internal and external constituents (vendors, partners and sponsors, etc)
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinker with a willingness to apply innovative solutions to realize full potential for marketing and membership initiatives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trusting relationships and collaborate across functional areas
- Ability to oversee the development of strong copy that resonates with our audience and drives action
- Knowledge of marketing analytics and optimization for digital channels
- Comfort with most modern communications technology platforms, such as email service providers, online CMS platforms, CRMs such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated experience strategically applying data and analytics to drive decision-making
- A strong belief in Net Impact’s mission to mobilize a new generation to drive transformative change in the workplace and the world
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-performing, and dynamic environment that values excellence, intelligence, and feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in Word format, to Hiring Manager at: http://jobs.cgcareers.org/application.aspx?id=2042
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please no calls or emails.
Put your digital marketing skills to work to help inspire and engage people to change the world! From building email campaigns to tracking marketing metrics, you’ll play an integral, fast-paced support role in our overall marketing and member communications strategy, as well as Net Impact’s flagship conference taking place this October 24-26.
We are looking for an exceptionally detail-oriented, technology-savvy individual skilled at producing HTML emails and marketing collateral. If you know how to get HTML to render properly across email clients and are comfortable navigating the ins and outs of Photoshop and InDesign, you’ll rock this role. Additionally, you will also be responsible for tracking and reporting marketing metrics to support engagement, as well as coordinating marketing partnerships through partner outreach and trafficking assets.
This is a great entry-level role for someone looking for a hands-on opportunity to build his or her marketing experience by working on nearly every facet of the marketing strategy of a business-savvy, deadline-driven nonprofit. It also provides a unique opportunity to see how your marketing efforts translate into real-world action at the 2013 Net Impact Conference in Silicon Valley.
- Produce HTML emails for marketing campaigns, program communications, and bi-monthly e-newsletter
- Produce online content, including website updates using a custom CMS, image editing, advertising artwork, and digital collateral
- Support production of print collateral and signage, including page layout and file prep
- Track and report on key marketing metrics to help marketing team increase engagement across channels
- Support marketing partnerships and advertising, including outreach and trafficking assets
- Assist in copywriting and editing marketing communications across our digital channels
- Additional support duties as required
In addition to a strong commitment to Net Impact’s mission, you should be a team player, proactive problem solver, and “doer” with outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- BA/BS degree (communications, advertising/marketing, or related degree a plus)
- 0-3 years relevant experience
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS, with demonstrated experience/portfolio
- Comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite and solid knowledge of basic design principles; design portfolio a plus
- Proven organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Meticulous attention to writing and production detail
- Strong writing and copyediting skills
- Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude in high-pressure situations
- Experience using Salesforce, Google Analytics, and/or email marketing platforms a plus
- Experience with online marketing, including cross-channel campaigns, a plus
Please email the following application materials to Justine Rivero at email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Temp Marketing Production Associate”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact, your qualifications, your salary requirement, and your available start date
- Sample of HTML and design work
Hours: Full-time, temporary through October 2013 (including the 2013 Net Impact Conference weekend, Oct. 24-26)
Location: Downtown San Francisco, CA USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to drive outreach efforts to build new undergraduate Net Impact chapters, especially at colleges and universities historically associated with African Americans and women with the goal of growing and diversifying Net Impact's undergraduate chapter network.
The Chapter Growth and Engagement Associate will support undergraduate chapters as they launch and grow and, equally important, the Associate will collect critical information on the unique needs and challenges of building these new chapters to inform and shape our chapter growth and engagement strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with superb organizational abilities and communications skills to gain experience in community engagement, network building, project management, and digital marketing. As this is a new position, we are looking for an entrepreneurial, well rounded person with a positive attitude who is open to responsibilities shifting and growing over time.
Outreach Planning and Execution (60%)
- Assist in the development of a new outreach strategy designed to expand Net Impact’s undergraduate chapter network, especially to colleges and universities historically associated with African Americans and women
- Implement targeted outreach to engage new undergraduate campuses around the U.S. with Net Impact programming
- Work with prospective chapter leaders and reach out to new target audiences
Relationship Management (30%)
- Support undergraduate Chapter Leaders by connecting them with the tools, resources, and people to enable them to successfully manage and grow a chapter
- Serve as a liaison between Net Impact undergraduate Chapter Leaders and Net Impact Central
- Develop and manage relationships with key faculty, administrative and other contacts on target campuses
- Assist with general administrative duties required to maintain and support the Net Impact chapter network
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outgoing, proactive attitude and a willingness to forge new relationships
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Research skills
- Organized and methodical, able to juggle multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
- Computer proficiency, particularly MS Office. Experience and comfort using a database management system (CRM such as Salesforce.com) a plus
- Commitment to Net Impact’s mission and a strong desire to help us spread our network into new geographies and communities
- Experience with student organizing
- Demonstrated ability to create positive outcomes through mentorship
- Experience working with HBCU and women’s college students, faculty, administration
- Willingness to conduct limited domestic travel
Please send the following application materials to Paul Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Chapter Growth & Engagement Associate”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact, your qualifications, and your salary requirements or history
Location: Downtown San Francisco
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package
The Executive Assistant & Office Manager is responsible for supporting the CEO and keeping the organization running smoothly by managing all office systems that support our staff of 30+ employees.
This is a fast-paced role ideal for someone who is well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle many tasks. This role has the opportunity to interact with our Board of Directors and other VIPs, which requires outstanding written and verbal communication. The ideal candidate for this role will thrive in a team environment while still being comfortable working autonomously on projects. Having a sense of humor and the ability to remain calm under pressure are important qualities to this role as well. The Executive Assistant & Office Manager will report to the CEO and the Senior Manager of Talent & Administration.
Executive Assistant (60%)
- Provide support to enable CEO to optimize her time and efficiency including calendar management, travel logistics, expense reporting, filing, communication assistance, and research
- Serve as main logistical point of contact for Board of Directors, leading meeting coordination, materials, and logistics
- Partner with the CEO in managing key Board projects
- Manage email correspondence and other communication tasks
- Manage and execute special projects as needed
Office Manager (40%)
- Manage all office operations, including facilities management. Act as primary contact and liaison between the office and building management as well as other outside vendors
- Manage office supplies budget. Research and purchase office supplies and business equipment
- Foster and maintain a clean, organized and comfortable office, including conference rooms, kitchen and common areas
- Manage existing office space planning, technology needs and reconfigurations
- Organize, implement and maintain central filing systems for various departments
- Review operating practices and recommend and implement improvements where necessary
- Assist with hiring processes and orienting new staff members
- Excellent attention to detail: Approaches each assignment with care and attention. You focus on completing each detail fully and accurately while working on many projects and tasks simultaneously
- Proactive problem solver: Addresses unanticipated problems and issues with creativity and excellent problem solving skills. You have the ability to quickly analyze problems, research options and implement solutions independently and without much guidance
- Advanced project management and execution: Able to manage and flawlessly execute complex projects and assignments. You have a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done quickly and accurately with a positive can do attitude and sense of humor
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience supporting senior-level executives
- Associates degree or higher required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Please send the following application materials to Mr. Cuong Nguyen at email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Executive Assistant & Office Manager”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position, your qualifications, and your salary requirement or history
Hours: Minimum of 30 hours a week
Location: Downtown San Francisco, CA USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package