Net Impact Fellowships
Net Impact is looking for some bright and enthusiastic recent grads or current students to help us change the way people think about the work they do. As a fellow, you’ll gain hands-on work experience; develop critical business and communication skills you can't learn in school; launch a career in socially responsible and sustainable business, nonprofit management, or social entrepreneurship; and build a network of professional contacts in a range of sectors and industries.
- Summer Fellowship Program
- (closed for 2012)
As a Net Impact Summer Fellow, you not only get a chance to make an impact on organizational strategy and day-to-day operations, you also get immediate access to a growing movement of professionals who are creating positive environmental and social change. In addition, Fellows participate in a formal professional development program and will be mentored and managed by a seasoned nonprofit professional who takes your goals seriously.
We’re a fun group who work hard and play hard. While we have high professional expectations, we love to blow off steam together in the office and after work. We’ve been known to throw waffle breakfast hoe-downs, Friday wine-downs, and Pi(e) day celebrations. We’re looking for Fellows who want to take their work experience to the next level, and have fun doing it.
What you’ll do as a Net Impact Fellow…
Net Impact Fellows don’t fetch coffee – they’re an integrated member of the team, who work directly with staff, members, sponsors, and the general public. You’ll work in a specific program area that’s interesting to you (community, conference, development, career or marketing), where you’ll learn the logistics and nuances of that particular function.
Examples of major responsibilities follow:
- Community Fellows are key to delivering content to our network and improving the quality of Net Impact’s chapters and local member programs and supporting Net Impact’s network of 300+ chapters and 1000+ local leaders.
- Conference Fellows play a key role in the success of our flagship event. They will get a very hands-on and fast-paced learning experience by assisting with project management, registration, and logistics for the event; contributing to conference content development by conducting topic and speaker research, communicating with speakers, and reporting on weekly progress; supporting the conference Expo with logistics management, exhibitor communications, and developing expo marketing materials and collateral. Conference Fellows will also receive a complimentary ticket to the 2013 Net Impact Conference in Silicon Valley.
- Development Fellows play a pivotal role in Net Impact’s success, helping us build strong corporate partnerships and develop new funding sources. Fellows work closely with the rest of the Development Team on projects that include corporate and foundation prospecting and stewardship, communications, research, and analysis.
- Career Fellows will work to help our network of more than 30,000 emerging leaders connect to careers that make a difference. Projects include performing research and analysis to improve learning opportunities for our members and conducting outreach to support the Expo portion of the 2013 Net Impact Conference.
- Marketing Fellows play a key role in supporting the Marketing Team's digital communications and event marketing efforts. The Digital Communications Fellow will focus on using online channels to influence people's attitudes and actions around social and environmental change at work. The Digital Comms Fellowship is focused on monitoring multiple social media channels; reporting out on success metrics; researching trends and social media tactics, and keeping our PR database up-to-date. This role requires exceptional writing and research skills, and good judgment. The Conference Marketing Fellow helps drive registration for the Net Impact Conference by putting their creative marketing and outreach skills to work on strategic projects including: supporting a team of local marketing managers, research for and implementation of online marketing strategies, and producing key marketing collateral. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must (and design production is a plus).
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you…
Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Summer Fellow”) in the subject line of your email.
- A thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the fellowship program and Net Impact, your qualifications, and ranking the 2-3 teams you are most interested in working with
- A resume
Duration: Flexible, May 2013 – August 2013, Part-time and full-time options available
Location: On-site in downtown San Francisco and/or remotely
Compensation: Free premium membership to Net Impact and transportation reimbursement (we’ll also work with college programs to provide course credit where appropriate)
What is the Net Impact Global Fellows Program?
The Net Impact Global Fellows Program is an opportunity for individuals to help us strengthen our international network, as well as maintain a local presence in areas of high chapter concentration. Global Fellows will serve as the first line of contact in their designated regions to allow for efficient use of Net Impact resources and will work with Net Impact staff to achieve strategic objectives.
Global Fellows will work independently, with input from Net Impact staff on key responsibilities such as:
- Serve as the local Net Impact contact and liaison between regional chapters and Net Impact Central
- Create opportunities for collaboration among Net Impact chapters
- Outreach and guidance to individuals interested in launching chapters – followed with continued support throughout the launch process
- Facilitate regular communication within region (newsletters, calls/webinars, on-site visits when possible, etc.)
Because Net Impact's presence varies from country to country, some of the areas above will receive more emphasis than others with the goal of offering region-specific solutions and support.
Who becomes a Net Impact Global Fellow?
Net Impact Global Fellows are individuals with a passion for changing the world through business, with a keen interest in corporate responsibility, environmental sustainability, and social entrepreneurship. They possess leadership experience, thrive in challenging situations, and have the business skills to implement innovative ideas to build Net Impact's global network. Fellows should have lived and worked extensively outside the United States, and currently live in (or be relocating to) Asia, India, the United Kingdom, or Europe.
Net Impact will accept applications from those working full-time, part-time, or enrolled in an advanced degree program who are able to dedicate about 20-25 hours a month as a Fellow.
The application period for the 2012-2013 fellowship is now closed.
Timeframe: One year (June 2012 – May 2013)
Hours: About 20 hours per month with some regional travel