Walmart Better Living Business Plan Challenge
You've got a breakthrough idea for solar energy production in developing countries. You know your plan to distribute organic produce to inner city neighborhoods would take off if you could find the right backer. You've been telling anyone who will listen about your model for a municipal gray water distribution system. Whatever your idea for making an impact might be, maybe it's time to make it real.
Walmart believes that today's businesses must take into account not only the profit potential of a new venture or product, but also the effect it has on the environment and on people. The Walmart Better Living Business Plan Challenge provides a forum for students to take their idea for a sustainable product or business solution and make that idea a reality.
Students vie for the unprecedented opportunity to present their business plan to a panel of Walmart executives, suppliers, and environmental organizations. Competitors develop confidence, hone their ideas, receive feedback and constructive coaching from business experts, and can even earn seed money to help launch their business:
- Grand Prize: $20,000 to invest in your business or product
- First Prize: $10,000 to invest in your business or product
- Second Prize: $5,000 to invest in your business or product
- All semi-finalists receive a stipend for travel, hotel, and meals
- Pitch your idea to some of the top business and sustainability leaders in the United States