Start a Net Impact Chapter
Net Impact is powered by more than 300 chapters around the globe — our chapter leaders commit to making a difference every day both for themselves and others. They’re gaining valuable leadership skills and resume-building experiences, while helping their members and community use their careers to tackle the world's toughest challenges.
Why start a chapter?
If you don't have a Net Impact chapter in your area, starting one is a great way to:
- Gain critical leadership skills.
- Help colleagues and fellow students use their job and find work opportunities to make a difference.
- Create experiential learning opportunities on campus and in your community for others like you.
What does a chapter do?
Local chapters are autonomous groups, operating with permission from and the support of Net Impact global. Net Impact provides resources and guidance for Chapter Leaders and in exchange, Chapter Leaders commit to Net Impact's mission and policies. Our chapters actively do the following:
- Provide 6-20 educational or experiential learning events/projects per year for their members, including speakers events, site visits, career treks, environmental initiatives, nonprofit strategic consulting for local nonprofits, professional development workshops, and more
- Make positive change on campus and in the community, by implementing our Impact Programs (Service Corps, Campus Greening, or Board Fellows) at the local level
- Provide relationship-building opportunities for members by collaborating with other chapters in the network, engaging directly with the community in local business partnerships, and attending the Net Impact annual conference