Join Our Team
We're hiring! Net Impact is the leading nonprofit empowering a new generation to create social and environmental change in the workplace and the world. As we enter our 20th year, we're kicking off a ten-year strategic plan that means big growth, big ideas, and even bigger impact. And we're looking for some committed, collaborative talent to join our team of fun-loving but hard-working leaders to make it happen. Are you up for the challenge?
Want to see what it's like to work at Net Impact? Take a look at our Culture Deck, then check out our open positions below.
Net Impact’s Director of Partner Programs is responsible for radically growing and enriching our hands-on engagement opportunities for students and young professionals to apply their skills to address global issues. The Director will manage a team tasked with creating exceptional, unique, and meaningful opportunities for undergrads, grad students, and young professionals around the world to engage with social and environmental issues via custom events, hackathons, competitions, and more.
Currently Net Impact runs a limited number of signature, revenue-generating challenges, events, and internships each year. Our goal is to systematize, add creative elements, and exponentially expand this area of programming so it becomes a world-changing part of our organization. We are looking for a visionary, creative leader and meticulous executor to join us to lead the charge.
A key part of the role will be interfacing with corporate partners to design and execute programs that both leverage the interests and talents of Net Impact’s membership and provide value to the funding partner.
The Director of Partner Programs role will work closely with Net Impact’s development team and program teams, and will manage a staff of 3-4.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing innovative programs designed to engage a large number of people in hands-on events; you have a proven ability to problem solve and think outside the box; you can generate 100 creative ideas, prioritize the best ones, and then turn them into well-executed realities
- Proven business development skills: you have an exceptionally high level of professionalism and an outstanding ability to work with prospective funders to match their business interests with an organization’s program capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management: you excel at generating enthusiastic support for projects that rely on colleagues beyond your team for execution
- Superior communicator: you can stand in front of a room of 300 people, whether it’s top executives at a corporate office or graduate students on a campus in Mumbai, and inspire them to dive headfirst into your program opportunities
- Multi-tasking: you thrive under pressure and have the ability to juggle multiple major projects, stay calm and prioritized, and exceed expectations even when times are busy
• Excellent oral and written communications
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 25% time
- Specific experience with developing offline and online challenges, hackathons, or similar ideation experience
- Team management experience
- Experience running programs internationally
Please send the following application materials to Naomi Baer at email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Director of Partner Programs”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Separate document with your salary requirement or history
Location: Downtown San Francisco, CA USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package