Tides is a nonprofit and philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing social justice. We work across the social sector to shift power to leaders, communities of color, and other historically excluded groups who face systemic barriers. Applying our equity-centered lens and leveraging our vast network of changemakers, we work to strengthen the impact of our partners by offering services like fiscal sponsorship, donor advised funds, impact investing, and grantmaking. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
The Advisor, Philanthropic Services is a core member of the Philanthropic Services team and the broader Partnership Services Department at Tides. The Philanthropic Services team provides integrated services for individual, family, foundation, and social change leader partners to support grantmaking, impact investing, advocacy, donor collaboration, and strategic advisory solutions. The Philanthropic Advisor manages a portfolio of partner relationships with diverse needs, interests, and values. This position will primarily support foundation segment partners. The Advisor also provides sector knowledge and high-quality educational programming to Tides’ donor community while coaching, guiding, and building deep trust with each donor partner—ultimately leading to higher levels of giving and deeper engagement with Tides.
This position is classified as part of the collective bargaining agreement (SEIU 1021).
What You Will Do
Partner Management (70%)
● Manages a portfolio of donors and fund partners—with a focus on donor advised funds and collective action funds —to strategically encourage, inform, and support their charitable giving.
● In partnership with the Philanthropic Partnerships team facilitates and oversees each partner’s grantmaking, engagement with the Foundation, and legacy planning.
● Proactively establishes short- and long-term partner engagement goals to increase strategic giving among fund partners, tracks and measures partner engagement activities and their outcomes.
● Leads, plans, implements, and continually refines services, programs and projects that work to streamline Tides partner solutions or meaningfully engage partners in the philanthropic services of Tides and with other partners in ways that will maximize resources and expertise to meet community needs.
● Keeps Tides staff and partners informed of important issues affecting organizations, programs, and funding needs through meeting and communicating regularly with nonprofit leaders and other subject experts; monitors trends and policy changes affecting the philanthropic sector at large.
● Conducts site visits/zoom check-ins, organizational analysis, research projects, and other activities to support Tides efforts to build community knowledge strengthen under-resourced/under-represented groups - especially BIPOC leaders, organizations, and communities, and others that face systemic barriers to power.
Department Advancement (25%)
● Possesses a deep understanding of best practices in working with foundations, donors, and social change leaders; seeks to impact the sector through replicable programs that provide highly valuable, cutting-edge donor services.
● Supports the development and implementation of program wide activities as needed, including drafting relevant blogs and perspectives that highlight Tides’ work in action.
● Serves on organizational and/or departmental project teams as needed.
● Participates in onboarding and mentorship of new staff; co-develops department team building activities.
Network Engagement (5%)
● Represent Tides on a regular basis at conferences, webinars, gatherings, professional associations, and other external events.
● In collaboration with Strategic Partnerships and the Partnership Services departments, develops strategies to move partners up the ladder of engagement.
● Support proposal development as needed and based on areas of expertise and interest.
● Works cross-functionally to support networking-building opportunities and convenings, strengthening the Tides brand and point of view, as well as harnessing the wisdom and skills of our network.
● Develops and maintains broad external relations with philanthropic partners.
What You Will Bring
● Strong alignment with Tides’ Vision, Mission, and Approach and our organizational values of respect, equity, empowerment, accountability, and creativity.
● Passion for philanthropy and the nonprofit community. Significant experience as a funder or in guiding funders/donors through philanthropic giving vehicles, as well as the various laws and regulations affecting them.
● Experience designing and executing grantmaking initiatives, including successfully managing Request for Proposal process.
● Strong project management skills.
● Strong knowledge of fiscal sponsorship model and other intermediary roles.
● Excellent customer service and communication skills (listening, interpersonal, oral, and written).
● Proficient writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to gather and organize information appropriately and effectively, strong research and synthesizing abilities.
● Strong planning and implementation skills; excellent ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple competing assignments and responsibilities.
● A high degree of professionalism, confidence, and flexibility that allows for working collaboratively and effectively with clients and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
● Excellent ability to work well in a team (and virtual) environment; ability to develop and maintain a good working relationship across departments, and with members of the nonprofit sector.
● High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics. Strong self-direction.
● Experience working with Google Suite, MS Office Suite, NetSuite, grants management systems, Salesforce, or other CRM platforms.
● BA/BS or higher degree, or equivalent experience may be substituted for a college degree.
● 5 years of demonstrated experience in project/program management, grantmaking process and policies, relationship building, and Request for Proposal design. Extensive experience in or with the nonprofit sector also highly desirable.
Life at Tides
Working at Tides connects you with world-class teammates, enduring relationships, and an inspired sense of purpose - while our employee benefits support our team’s talent and well-being. This is an exciting time to join Tides. In the past, Tides staff have worked predominantly from our offices in San Francisco and New York. Today, our hybrid work model supports staff with remote work from anywhere in the United States.
Tides is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. The starting salary for this role ranges from $69,900-$104,900 based on geographic location, years of experience, and ensuring pay equity within the organization. The recruiting team is committed to sharing more details regarding compensation based on the candidate's experience and location during the interview process. Tides offers a generous benefits package including: comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, life and disability insurances, retirement plan, educational assistance, confidential counseling and life balance resources designed to support the passion, commitment and energy that is vital to our team members.
Any Tides Network employee who wishes to use the office or travel to the office must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and boosted. You are required to submit proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department at least 2 days before your first visit to the office. Employees who do not have vaccination information on file will not be permitted in the building.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
San Francisco, CA 94129