Carol Cone ON PURPOSE (CCOP) is seeking an Associate with a passion for purpose and sustainability with a breadth of skills and superb can-do attitude.
Our ideal Associate is highly detail-oriented, responsive, organized, and self-sufficient. This person can balance account management and thought leadership research with administrative tasks with ad hoc requests from senior team members, with an eye towards the big picture and a commitment to results.
Responsibilities include: account/client service, research, writing and proofing deliverables, project management, media relations, and more. You will work directly with CCOP partners to contribute, learn, and take on new and larger responsibilities.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Two-to-five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in corporate social responsibility, ESG, sustainability, and/or purpose.
- Strong writing skills and an understanding of style/grammar rules.
- A foundation in communications and/or corporate strategy. Media relations experience a plus.
What you do well:
- Write well and edit ruthlessly.
- Listen closely. Capture focused, actionable notes for a variety of (fascinating) discussions.
- Research. You’re quick, focused, and effective.
- Manage and plan. You love project management and keep everyone on task—with the big picture in mind.
- Develop Word and PowerPoint documents, with an understanding of basic design principles.
- Communicate with verve and charisma. You’re concise and carry a clear point of view.
- Build community. Planning and running meetings and keeping everyone connected in between.
How you work:
- You’re flexible, and delight in handling administrative tasks one hour and building conference attendance recommendations the next.
- You ask smart, strategic questions. Then you get busy crossing things off your list. You have a relentless focus on results.
- You’re driven, a constant learner, and a bit of a perfectionist. You multitask and gracefully keep many balls in the air.
- You’re a collaborative soul, with a great sense of humor and patience in the extreme. You have the self-confidence to take feedback and direction with aplomb.
- You manage up, down and sideways—dealing with complicated issues and high-powered people with discretion and poise.
- You can set your own schedule and work independently and/or in a virtual capacity. You’re accountable and proactive in raising your hand when you need help.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime, career-defining playground. But it won’t be easy. Apply only if you’re both collaborative and entrepreneurial in the extreme and want to shape the future of a purpose-driven world. Sound like you? Submit your cover letter, resume, and a few examples of your best work here.
Location: Remote (a plus if you are in Eastern Canada or Northeast US).
Salary and benefits: $60,000—$75,000. Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include a flexible work environment, healthcare coverage, bonus, learning and education budget, and more.
About us: Carol Cone ON PURPOSE (CCOP) is a consultancy created by the “mother of social purpose,” Carol Cone. We help organizations articulate, accelerate, and activate their purpose beyond profits – what they stand for, and why. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, privately held organizations, brands, NGOs, and foundations. We also have a global network, The Purpose Collaborative, to serve a full spectrum of client needs: research, video production, employee engagement, sustainability strategy and reporting, digital marketing and more. The Collaborative includes 40 members spanning 20 countries and more than 400 professionals.
New York, NY 10004