Tides is Hiring!
Tides is a group of 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations committed to building a world of social justice. Founded in 1976, Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve the world's toughest problems. Tides focuses on equality and human rights, a sustainable environment, health individuals and communities, education, and economic development. Tides' services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
2021 was a landmark year in Tides’ 45-year history. We are experiencing a unique and powerful opportunity for transformative change for the future in how we lead and impact social justice and shared prosperity. Taking committed actions to prepare for this change, we have welcomed an expanded and largely new executive team, partnered with a top-notch social impact consulting firm to revitalize our strategic plan, and focus our operational excellence initiatives, and grown our core staff significantly. These investments will help Tides to better serve our partners and bring our vision – of a world of shared prosperity and social justice – to life.
Tides’ partner service teams deliver high quality relationship management solutions to Tides’ fiscally sponsored projects to further our mission and our partners’ objectives.
The Associate, Fiscally Sponsored Projects is a key supporter of Tides’ partner service teams and will sit within the Fiscally Sponsored Projects (FSP) operations team, which is responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining operational solutions for our portfolio of fiscally sponsored projects.
Although exact time allocation will vary, some of the Associate’s time will be spent providing operational, administrative, and program-wide support, and some of the role will work in close collaboration with FSP Advisors and Senior Advisors as part of a partner service team to support our largest and most complex projects to deliver impact and comply with Tides’ policies and procedures.
At their core, the Associate must have a strong customer service orientation and project management skills, a collaborative hands-on approach, and a passion for operational work.
This position is classified as part of the collective bargaining agreement (SEIU 1021).
What you will do:
- Collaborate with FSP Operations Team to identify and implement operational improvements to streamline and improve processes and procedures, with an eye towards improved partner experience.
- Provide operations and administrative support for team meetings, trainings, onboarding, policy and procedure updates, and partner system portals.
- Document and maintain project handbook, advisor guide, and other dynamic databases of regularly used materials and resources.
- Maintain communication platforms, channels, and materials to monitor and measure partner satisfaction and impact.
- Support internal and external data collection, reporting, and analysis.
- As part of a service team and in collaboration with Advisors and Sr. Advisors, provide operational/administrative support for fiscally sponsored projects, including execution of contracts and service agreements, processing financial and grant transactions, responding to requests for information, drafting correspondence, processing grants, data entry, and portal support.
- Resolve or escalate issues of concern raised by partners and internal stakeholders in a timely and proactive manner
- Maintain rapid turnaround time for partner requests and provide initial review for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Complete special projects as assigned within the department’s portfolio of work, ensuring timely and high-quality service delivery.
- Support internal and external events as needed (ex. staff retreats, professional development opportunities, lunch and learns, partner gatherings).
- Pursue professional development opportunities to learn new skills that strengthen individual and departmental knowledge.
What you will bring:
- Strong alignment with Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach and our organizational values of respect, equity, empowerment, accountability, and creativity
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive social change.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including planning, and managing projects both independently and with colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills; able to present accurate and appropriate information, engage in a direct and truthful manner, and hold information confidential with excellent judgement.
- Ability to work with and manipulate data from multiple sources, assimilate, and present information in a clear and concise manner a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders within and across organizations, especially with the goal of strengthening collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
- Ability to hold self-accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective partner service.
- Demonstrated skill at maintaining a high level of integrity and consistent ethical judgement in all working relationships.
- Knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office Suite, NetSuite, Salesforce, or similar platforms.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and team spirit.
Education and Experience:
- 3 years of similar operational and/or administrative experience in nonprofit management, social impact consulting, philanthropy, and/or a related field
- Demonstrated understanding of nonprofit organizations, financials, and management that may come from work or significant volunteer experience
- Partner service experience preferred
Life at Tides
Working at Tides connects you with world-class teammates, enduring relationships, and an inspired sense of purpose - while our employee benefits support our team’s talent and well-being. This is an exciting time to join Tides. In the past, Tides staff have worked predominantly from our offices in San Francisco and New York. Today, our hybrid work model supports staff with remote work from anywhere in the United States.
Any Tides Network employee who wishes to use the office or travel to the office must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and boosted. You are required to submit proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department at least 2 days before your first visit to the office. Employees who do not have vaccination information on file will not be permitted in the building.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
San Francisco, CA 94129