Responsible Sourcing Network actively seeks to recruit and retain a diverse staff in all areas of operations. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex or sexual orientation.
About Responsible Sourcing Network:
Responsible Sourcing Network (RSN) is dedicated to ending human rights abuses and forced labor associated with the raw materials found in products we use every day.
RSN builds responsible supply chain coalitions of diverse stakeholders including investors, companies, and human rights advocates. Currently, RSN works with network participants to leverage their influence and drive solutions in the areas of minerals from conflict-affected and high-risk regions, and forced labor involved with cotton production to create positive change for brands, consumers, and the impacted communities.
RSN is seeking a Communications Intern to assist in supporting the work of the Cotton and Minerals Programs, and RSN in general. Main assistance will be with supporting RSN’s website, www.sourcingnetwork.org, which is on SquareSpace 7.0, and to assist with updating and expanding RSN’s social media presence. In addition, social media and database projects may include but not be limited to drafting blog posts and website content, populating media contacts in our database, updating and increasing traffic to our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts, researching related stories on corporate activities, and developing marketing materials for our flagship initiative YESS: Yarn Ethically & Sustainably Sourced.
- Assist with updating and maintaining the RSN website and social networking sites
- Research news to post and increase RSN’s presence with traditional media, and traffic to RSN’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts
- Assist with determining strategies for Instagram, Snapchat, and other new social media platforms
- Harmonize the brand message throughout all of RSN’s collateral
- Populate and organize RSN media and photo library databases
- Assist with the development of fundraising and communications materials
- Contribute to monitoring and recording news alerts and RSN’s press coverage
- Populate a database to track journalists interested in RSN’s work
- Support program staff with basic organizational and research tasks
- Edit and polish PowerPoints and other prepared presentation materials
- Create presentations and infographics using Prezi, Canva, PowerPoint, or other programs
- Create a 3-5 minute promotional video detailing the YESS program and its benefits to brands and participating facilities
- Be pursuing a graduate or advanced undergraduate degree in communications, business, humanities, or related field
- Have excellent research, analysis, writing, and communication skills
- Be able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Have strong organizational and time management skills, with high attention to detail
- Be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and be committed to excellence
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms, and ideally have experience working with SquareSpace
- Interest in human rights, labor rights, social issues, corporate responsibility, and new media… and passionate about making change in the world
We are looking for a summer intern who is available to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week with a 2.5 – 3 month commitment. There is the possibility of extending the internship (potentially through work study) into the school year. We are flexible about the start and end dates. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. This posting will be removed once the position is filled.
Virtual with working hours within 9am – 5pm (any of the three mainland US time zones).
We encourage all applicants to review our website www.sourcingnetwork.org before applying. Send your resume and a cover letter describing why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “RSN Communications Intern” in the subject line of your email.
Responsible Sourcing Network, Inc. is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization and is an equal opportunity employer. RSN makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. RSN does not unlawfully discriminate on the of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or identification, or any other basis protected by law. Women, People of Color, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.