Net Impact is currently seeking an early career professional who is passionate about creating and curating inspiring content and campaigns across digital channels to engage audiences. This role will be responsible for developing and executing Net Impact’s social media strategy across all of the brand (and it’s programs/initiatives) social media channels. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing, the Sr. Associate, Digital Marketing, will be responsible for driving content development and consumer engagement through social media and web. The Senior Associate, Digital Marketing should be both analytical and creative, with a strong understanding of modern social media and web best practices, and is not afraid of being the voice and face of brand content.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who would like to join a high-performing team and are looking to nurture a strong digital brand presence and audiences. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized, an outstanding communicator, and a collaborative team player who is driven by achievement. A hands-on individual who can own projects from concept to implementation and who can channel quantitative and qualitative insights into unique ideas will excel in this position. The role is fast-paced and will prove challenging and demanding during high volume times, so the individuals must also be efficient, agile, and resourceful.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
The qualifications listed in this section apply to all openings unless otherwise specified:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience (could be concurrent with school)
- High standards for excellence, exceptional attention to detail; (e.g. the ability to catch spelling, grammar, punctuation, misc. typos and copy + design irregularities with ease)
- Hyper organized and a strong self manager — comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience in web and social media creative development and execution, with curiosity in the social landscape to inform strategy
- Strong understanding of each social network's best practices, social content development, platform capabilities and performance analysis (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn; with base knowledge of emerging platforms like TikTok)
- Proficiency in third-party digital and social media monitoring and management tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Sprout Social)
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill sets
- Proficiency in creative design tools for copy, graphics and video editing is a plus (e.g. Adobe Suite, Canva, Loom)
- Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world and enthusiastic about the Up to Us mission of building a sustainable fiscal and economic future
Responsibilities for the Senior Associate, Digital Marketing
Content Strategy & Development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop breakthrough web and social media strategies and channel-first content that drives brand awareness and engagement
- Create, publish, and optimize monthly and annual web and social content calendars based on brand and partnership objectives and strategies
- Provide program and campaign support, updating and maintaining graphics, toolkits, reports, and other digital and printed marketing materials
- Manage website content including but not limited to building, editing, and optimizing pages, implementing SEO recommendations, and more
- Act as a steward of Net Impact’s brand messaging, maintaining consistency throughout collateral and content
- Brainstorm and execute social and web initiatives to increase brand’s reach and engagement; such as partnerships and user generated content to drive meaningful, lasting relationships with our audience
Channel & Community Management
- Refine social media editorial governance guidelines and calendar to ensure content is consistent with the brand’s mission and vision and meets the ongoing needs of our staff
- Ensure all owned platforms are updated with accurate, relevant and consistent assets
- Schedule and publish social media content in line with approved social content calendar
- Oversee and engage community/audience across channels including but not limited to inboxes, comments, and more
- Develop and improve standards, systems and practices for content creation, distribution and maintenance
Measurement & Reporting
- Support the management and execution of Marketing Cases submitted by team
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on growth metrics at a monthly cadence
- Monitor and analyze data from web and social media platforms and third party tools to track performance and audience engagement; determining the effectiveness of web and social media content and providing actionable insights
- Leverage social listening data to uncover areas of opportunity, while maintaining a proactive pulse on best practices and trends
- Monitor platforms, spot trends and cultural moments through social listening and leverage to drive best-in-class performance
- Assist in the development and delivery of funder reports and case studies
Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please include in the subject line your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Senior Associate, Digital Marketing”). Apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send:
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will remain closed or partially opened for staff upon request until it is safe to resume regular operations, at which point, it is preferred that the Senior Associate, Digital Marketing will be able to be present in our Oakland, CA, USA office. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk, market convention related to work locale policies.
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $56,000 to $58,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.