Overlay Capital (‘Overlay’) is an investment management company based in the Atlanta-Metro area, focused on investments in venture capital and private equity. Our strategies have the overarching objective of achieving attractive risk-adjusted returns while allocating to a handful of specific themes including clean technologies, sustainability, and new infrastructure.
We are a team of experienced investors, who have experience investing across multiple asset classes that have collectively invested more than $300 million into early-stage venture and private fund investments. For maximum strategic freedom as an investment manager, most of Overlay’s investments are setup as SPVs.
Director of Operations Role
We are a new team accustomed to getting things done with accuracy and speed. To move even more quickly, we seek a Director of Operations to oversee corporate operations and to extend the scope and scale of the investment business through improved internal infrastructure and process management.
Location: Atlanta/Alpharetta, Georgia
Corporate Operations 70%
- Vendor management. Maintain all corporate vendor contracts, work to negotiate appropriate pricing and terms, and seek to improve our technical stack and third-party relationships
- Maintain operating expense budget (working with staff bookkeeper)
- Oversee the payment of payroll, bonuses, and processing of expense reports & reimbursements
- Approve and remit payments for invoices and rent
- Oversee onboarding of new employees including new employee package (employee handbooks, compliance manuals, etc.)
Custodial Relationships & Investor Onboarding 30%
- Investor Relations and Onboarding. Oversee Investor Relations staff and from time-to-time interface with new investors, providing necessary communication and documentation to inform them of the process of fund investment. Initiate and facilitate completion of their investment enrollment utilizing CRM system to pre-populate fund subscription documents.
- Manage custodial relationships and other distribution partnerships.
What You Bring
· Bachelors degree
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an operations role – preferably at a financial institution
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
What We Bring
· Generous flexible time off policy, including 18 days of PTO annually
· Annual variable bonus
· Partial remote work schedule (Tuesdays remote)
· Contribution towards private medical, dental and vision coverage OR participation in firm-level insurance
· A team-oriented work environment
· Opportunity for the right individual to help make a significant impact on the firm and the financial industry
Alpharetta, GA 30009