ESG represents a new frontier of management at the nexus of many disciplines. So it requires new ways of working. After decades delivering professional services, we found that existing consulting firms in this area too often are unable to truly serve clients’ dynamic needs—or those of their own teams.
So we set out to build a better approach that brings together a diverse network of world-class talent to collaborate in integrated ways and empowers them to be as focused, creative, and agile as every client deserves. In a remote workplace that invites people to be their full, real selves and work at a sustainable pace that fits their lives. With comprehensive benefits beyond the norm for boutique firms.
As a mission-driven firm, this is what real collaboration means to us: Convening and freeing exceptional professionals to deliver next-level results—in impact, client delight, and personal fulfillment—by doing the best work of their careers.
We are a management consulting and strategy firm helping to create an economy that prioritizes just and sustainable goods, businesses, and livelihoods. We pursue this purpose by advising leaders on practices and policies that will benefit their businesses, society, and the environment and by building tools that support change-makers. In order to maximize our impact, we are selective in the client opportunities we pursue and the consultants we engage.
We are seeking experienced corporate sustainability professionals able to:
- Listen carefully and continually to client needs, challenges, expectations, frustrations, and respond appropriately to create an exceptional service experience that sustains long-term partnerships
- Meet and exceed expectations in providing counsel, analysis, content, and other deliverables
- Proactively identify or develop high-value resources, relationships, and tools to do our work better
- Communicate clearly and constructively with colleagues and stakeholders
- Help build a vibrant remote workplace where we help one another do great work—and enjoy it
- Recognize and communicate about both their strengths and growth opportunities
- Learn continually and collaborate across multidisciplinary teams
- Serve as a main point of contact with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Develop strategies grounded in a solid understanding of a client's business/industry
- Create and manage detailed plans for completing deliverables and communicate internally and externally to ensure expectations are clear and team is positioned for success
- Collaborate with, and when needed, mentor fellow team members in creating solutions and executing high-quality work
- Identify opportunities to improve our services and network with potential new clients, partners, and/or team members to support our growth and impact
- Our consultant roles can be full-time, part-time, or contract, depending on skills and preferred work schedule
- 3+ years experience in-house, in professional services, and/or in NGO roles focused on improving corporate environmental, social, or governance performance
- Must have led or participated significantly in one or more of the following: sustainability report development, materiality analysis, target and goal setting, corporate sustainability/ESG strategy development and/or implementation. Applicants not meeting this experience level cannot be considered for this role.
- Knowledgeable about sustainability frameworks, ratings, and rankings such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, DJSI, ISS, GHG Protocol, etc.
- Proficient in leading productivity software; experience with sustainability software a plus
- Experience in technology, financial services, retail, apparel, and/or supply chain and logistics sectors a plus
- BA/BS, MA/MS, MBA or equivalent degree
How to Apply
Please send an email with "Consultant" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- A résumé
- An answer to this question: What are you building?
esgEvolution is a Black-owned business. We invite professionals of all identities and abilities to apply for our roles and are committed to maintaining an equitable and inclusive workplace and contributing to a more diverse and inclusive sustainability field.
If you do not meet our criteria for the posted role but are passionate about a career in sustainability consulting and believe you have the skills and mindset to grow into this work, please send an email with "Development Program" in the subject line and include a résumé and a brief explanation of the professional experience or connections you believe would help you grow your career.