Green Building United’s executive director is a strong leader and visionary who ensures the overall health, growth, and sustainability of the organization. The ideal candidate has experience interacting and collaborating with a broad group of stakeholders and can motivate others to successfully achieve common goals. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the executive director supports the creation and successful implementation of GBU’s strategic plan, including the organization’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts and all annual work plans and progress reporting. The executive director divides time between the following key responsibilities:
- Managing HR and supporting all staff in creating a healthy workplace culture.
- Supporting and advising the Board of Directors and all board committees.
- Supporting the work of all GBU communities and volunteer efforts.
- Overseeing the success of all education, advocacy, and strategic initiatives.
- Fundraising/external relationship management with all sponsors, funders, and donors.
- Representing GBU publicly including industry/conference presentations and media relations.
- Financial management and operations including budgeting, accounting, and grants administration.
Philadelphia, PA 19103