Net Impact is currently seeking a fast-moving, organized, and thoughtful professional to serve as its Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will support the CEO and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to execute and administer multiple aspects of finance at Net Impact.
The Finance Manager will be key in ensuring the efficient and effective ongoing financial management for the organization. The ideal candidate will be a system-oriented thinker who is detail-minded and enjoys working with numbers, preferably with 3 to 5 years of experience in finance. The ideal candidate has experience in some or all of the following: financial projections, accounting, budget management and data analysis in any industry. This person is a team player who enjoys working with people, supporting the team’s development, and building a positive and strong team culture. They think strategically when they develop or improve on a process, and equally enjoy getting their hands dirty in execution. This is an amazing opportunity for an exceptional young professional with aspirations to have a career in corporate finance, nonprofit or small business management to join a successful organization positioned for significant growth.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
● Lead as liaison with out-sourced CFO organization (“Outsourced CFO”). Operate as internal interface in interactions with Outsourced CFO as needed by Net Impact leadership and staff
● Support Outsourced CFO’s monthly financial projection process by assuring the gathering and delivery of all necessary monthly data leading key reconciliations on AP, AR and actual to budget variances, and creating monthly financial workbook
● Support accounts payable and receivables management to ensure timely and accurate payment processing
● Support CEO and Outsourced CFO regarding annual financial audit, tax document issuing and tax filing processes, including but not limited to data and record management and verification, W9 collection, and vendor management.
● Work with Leadership to develop personal financial acumen and deep understanding of Net Impact’s financial and accounting policies and procedures
● Work with staff on developing and managing program budgets and developing ongoing projections
● Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and projects as needed
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about efficiency and effectiveness, and has a background supporting the execution of finance activities at a similar sized or larger organization. Direct nonprofit finance/accounting experience is preferred but not required. Candidates without nonprofit experience but have had exposure to financial projection, accounting, and/or budget management through academics or volunteer positions in any industry are welcome to apply.
In addition, successful candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to work efficiently and fast, be nimble in the face of change and hold a positive and collaborative attitude. Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) are also a must have:
● 3 to 5 years of experience in financial projections, accounting, budget management and/or data analysis in any industry (could be concurrent with school)
● High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
● Proven analytic abilities, including quantitative analysis, proficiency with Excel
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong servant leadership attitude and enjoys helping others
● Excellent project management skills with the ability to take a project from concept to completion
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and approach problems creatively
● Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
● Enthusiasm for optimizing processes and understanding all aspects of financial and talent management
● Shows great personal discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality on financial and talent information
● Enthusiastic commitment to Net Impact’s mission
● Experience in a nonprofit organization a plus
Please send the following application materials directly to email@example.com. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Finance Manager) in the subject line of your email.
1) Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications
3) Salary expectations
Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will remain closed or partially opened for staff upon request until it is safe to resume regular operations, at which point, it may be preferred that the Finance Manager will be able to be present in our Oakland, CA, USA office. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk, market convention related to work locale policies.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $64,500 to $75,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Oakland, CA 94612