Green River is looking for a Finance Manager to help our business office ensure the smooth sailing of critical business and administrative operations across our company. We are a 30 person web application development company, committed to crafting effective software solutions that promote public health, school improvement, environmental protection, and social justice.
As our Finance Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Finance on a broad range of company-wide operations. Your essential duties will include:
- Client administration - manage invoicing and accounts receivable, as well as work with our project teams and clients to administer and execute contracts and ensure compliance.
- Financial management - manage day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping operations, accounts payable, deferred income entries, monthly reconciliations, and tax compliance to ensure that financial information is always up to date and accurate. Assist in the budgeting process, and work with departments to ensure that budgets are managed effectively.
- Reporting - assist in compiling and preparing monthly and year-end financial reports, budgets, and forecasts to ensure accurate, timely information is available for partners and other stakeholders.
- Project management - work with partners and staff across teams to ensure that critical business-level projects are planned, budgeted, and executed efficiently.
- Process improvement - help to develop and update systems within the business office to support the smooth and efficient functioning of our internal operations.
We would love to hear from people with:
- At least a bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or economics.
- 5+ years of experience managing a finance or administrative team.
- 5+ years managing bookkeeping and accounting systems for small to mid-sized organizations, with a strong understanding of GAAP.
- 2+ years of experience with financial planning and analysis and strong quantitative skills in Excel.
- 2+ years remote work experience. Our work is fast paced and you will be expected to come up to speed quickly. This position is best suited for someone who already has experience working on distributed teams in a remote-first environment. We use a suite of software tools (Harvest, QBO, Slack, Hubspot, Google Workspace) to manage our work. Experience with these or equivalent tools is essential.
You would stand out if:
- You have an MBA. Due to the size of our company and the cross functional nature of the work, this type of education would be a huge asset.
- You have a demonstrated passion for the work that we do. Alignment with Green River’s values will be critical in understanding both our operational model and our strategic vision.
- You have experience with contract compliance and administration, particularly in the public sector.
- You have prior experience in tech and/or working as part of a consultancy.
Green River fosters a collaborative atmosphere and values a workplace where we can learn and laugh together. We have exceptionally long-term relationships with our staff, and with our clients. We look for team members who believe in making the world a better place, and bring a grounded professionalism appropriate to our clients and the scale of our projects.
Incorporated in 2000, Green River has a strong engineering focus and dedication to “software and analytics for a better world.” Our projects entail developing complex, scalable algorithms and well-designed, responsive user interfaces. Our current clients include Starbucks (C.A.F.E. Practices ethical sourcing verification program), the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the City of Boston, the State of Delaware, World Resources Institute, Reach Out and Read, and many other domestic and international non-profit organizations. We believe in our clients’ work and are committed to being good partners in their success.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance coverage, five weeks paid time off, and retirement benefits.
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume via our online application system.
Green River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with our beliefs and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Green River will not discriminate against job candidates, employees, or clients based on race, creed, color, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability.
Brattleboro, VT 05201