About DAISA Enterprises, LLC
DAISA Enterprises is a dynamic consulting firm bringing entrepreneurial passion and agility to a diverse range of clients to support the realization of equitable food systems and vibrant communities. Projects are at the nexus of food, culture, community, and economic development. DAISA specializes in innovative and community- based approaches to strategy consulting, program design, and management. DAISA is addressing an exciting niche, and has been able to secure nationally significant projects with such clients as The Kresge Foundation, the national non-profit Wholesome Wave and ArtPlace America, amongst others, and is launching innovative approaches and investments. DAISA is the facilitator of the national Equitable Food-Oriented Development collaborative (www.efod.org). DAISA provides a high quality benefits package, including health insurance, 401k savings plan, profit-sharing, and generous paid vacation. DAISA’s values encourage work-life balance, and DAISA is currently piloting a 4-Day Workweek program. DAISA is a mission and values-driven company. See: www.daisaenterprises.com/values.
This full-time Food Systems Manager will work on a variety of food systems consulting projects, with an initial focus on designing and implementing technical assistance for community-based produce prescription programs (PRx programs). Current clients supporting this work include Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, a regional health insurance foundation, and the Nutrition Incentive Hub, a federal grant technical-assistance center program. Current specific workstreams involve the following:
- Co-facilitating PRx community of practice of community-based program leaders, including peer-to-peer knowledge sharing
- advising on PRx partnership development, programmatic strategies, implementation, relevant technologies, evaluation, and funding management, identifying peer connections and other experts as needed
- advising prospective applicants on government and private grant applications, sustainability planning
- Written and multi-media resource ideation and development for PRx practitioners
- Outreach to underserved geographies and communities
- Development of equity frameworks and justice-driven approaches
This role is a unique opportunity to make a difference to a dynamic and impactful firm working with regional and national foundations, social enterprises, government agencies, and community-based non-profits to improve community health and vibrancy.
This individual will be immersed in exciting projects working with a remote team of passionate colleagues and a number of diverse stakeholders. This position requires a deeply committed individual who already shares or is ready to contribute to, and internalize, the DAISA values and larger vision of the work. Thinking both strategically and from an execution perspective, this individual must be able to manage and competently execute tasks, as well as to take a proactive and creative, leading approach to the work. DAISA is innovating new approaches and initiatives in a challenging space – this team member must be excited and comfortable being in an entrepreneurial environment and team.
Manage food systems engagements, with an initial focus on technical assistance on the Produce Prescription (PRx) programs for DAISA engagements, in keeping with DAISA values:
- Proactively build knowledge and expertise about PRx model, including best practices, exemplars, diverse program models, contribute to team knowledge base
- Provide direct technical support for organizations seeking to develop or improve their PRx programs, either from existing knowledge, and/or seeking support from research, peer program connections, or outside experts, with the ability to coordinate connections with other experts and peers
- Build expertise on funding resources for PRx, especially study and develop ability to provide expert TA on USDA GusNIP funding program
- Help develop resources (written and multimedia) as guides for PRx program operators
- Support peer-to-peer knowledge sharing through design and facilitation of community of practice bodies in DAISA engagements and/or contribute to these bodies where appropriate
- Coordination of activities with key team members and partners
- Participation in client meetings, contributing to agenda setting and strong representation of DAISA
- Develop scopes of work, amendments as necessary, reporting to clients
This position also entails participating in DAISA’s collaborative leadership and management:
- DAISA Strategy development - participate and contribute to ongoing team meetings (weekly and quarterly) and strategy setting.
- DAISA External Representation and Networking - participate in conferences and webinars as networking opportunities and mission-related systems change and field-building.
- Team Development - participate in internal process development, team knowledge sharing and education, occasional team retreats, stewardship of DAISA values and social justice initiatives.
Skills & Required Experience
This role requires prior direct experience with food systems projects and/or businesses, and demonstrated leadership in social justice and equitable community development.
- Dedicated to deep understanding of cultural and systemic racism and the intersectionality of multiple forms of social inequality, and how these show up in community development and food systems work, a track record of commitment
- Experience in developing and managing a PRx program with a significant role in operations (REQUIRED)
- Experience writing and submitting governmental grants and applications
- Experience/skills to develop resources for a field or body of practitioners (PDFs, or other media, including articles, guides, templates, graphic tools).
- Experience and ability to facilitate group meetings; planning agendas, having clear objectives, seeking to understand the goals and learning needs of a group and coordinating a process to achieve those goals and needs.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work effectively within a telecommuting environment/ remote team.
- A willing team player, problem solver, proactive and keen to contribute ideas, while also listening and responding to different stakeholders and feedback..
- Commitment to consensus-building and shared decision making as a process – coupled with the ability to make decisions when needed.
- High level of attention to detail, ability to manage logistics and events
The DAISA team works within a telecommuting environment/remote team, and relies on various forms of workplace technology – Office Suite, Google Suite, Slack, Adobe Reader, project management tools, social media. Some regional and national travel will be required (roughly monthly, often for several days at a time)
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time salaried position. The salary range for this position is currently $65,000 - $80,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience, with opportunity to grow. DAISA provides a high quality benefits package, including health insurance, 401k savings plan, profit-sharing, and generous paid vacation. DAISA’s values encourage work-life balance, and DAISA is currently piloting a 4-Day Workweek program. DAISA provides numerous opportunities and support to ensure staff are able to grow and develop their professional skills.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Karina Bedoya-Ross, email@example.com, by November 23, 2022. Please put your name and the job title (“Food Systems Manager”) in the subject line of your email.
DAISA Enterprises strives for a diverse and inclusive staff and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, persons with disabilities, and persons from other historically excluded groups.
SOUTH HADLEY, MA 01075