Net Impact is seeking an organized and thoughtful professional to serve as Associate of Growth. The Associate will research, organize, track, and prepare reports regarding prospective and current funders. The Associate of Growth will support all fund-raising activities of Net Impact’s Growth team, keeping track of leads and revenues, and ensuring the logistics of donor and funder relations run smoothly. The ideal candidate will be detail-minded and enjoy organizing records, tracking and analyzing data, and bring at least one year of experience in an administrative role.
Net impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQI individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Prospect Research and Scheduling
- Track probabilities of securing funding from each prospect
- Calculate weighted revenue on a weekly basis to report to Growth Team
- Ensure pipeline and database are organized and up to date
- Streamline and systematize all client tracking via Salesforce
Invoicing, payment tracking, and coordination
- Ensure invoices are sent in a timely manner
- Send out reminders and ensure payments are received on time
- Report to Finance when payments are received
- Work with Finance team to obtain monthly reports: actuals vs. budget
- Work with Growth and Finance teams to track project by project expenses vs. revenues
- Collaborate with Finance team to create and execute regular reporting system
Record keeping, donation tracking, and grant reporting
- Gather and maintain all necessary funder documentation for annual audit
- Track and coordinate grant reporting requirements with Growth team
- Manage all donation correspondence (e.g. thank you letters)
- Obtain and log funder assets (e.g. logos, marketing details, blurbs)
- Support Growth team in regular communications with funders and prospective funders and donors
Project management and cross team coordination
- Create and manage funder deliverable tracking and reporting through Asana/Sheets
- Coordinate appropriate Growth and funder activities through Asana, including collaborations with programs and marketing
- Other duties as assigned
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about efficiency and effectiveness, and has a background supporting administrative activities at a similar sized or larger organization. Candidates without professional administrative experience but can demonstrate administrative skills through academics or volunteer positions in any industry are welcome to apply.
In addition, successful candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to work efficiently and fast, be nimble in the face of change, and hold a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an administrative role in any industry (could be concurrent with school).
- High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong service leadership attitude.
- Must have the level of professionalism and polish to interface with C-Suite leadership on a regular basis.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to take a project from concept to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or collaboratively. Takes initiative and approaches problems creatively.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives.
- Shows great personal discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality on financial, contact, or other information.
- Methodical, organized, and systems-inclined project manager who can keep pace with multiple simultaneous workstreams.
- A natural connector who enjoys thinking across activities and departments to find opportunities to de-silo and coordinate.
- Creative problem-solver who considers ways to leverage tools, opportunities, and partnerships for greater results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and open to taking risks and testing out new approaches.
- Enthusiastic commitment to Net Impact’s mission.
- Experience in a nonprofit organization using Salesforce a plus.
Please send the following application materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Associate) in the subject line of your email.
1) Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications
3) Salary expectations
Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our office is partially opened for staff use upon request. When it is safe to resume regular operations, the role will be required to be based in our Oakland, CA, USA office.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $58,500 - $61,000, annually.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and make an impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.