Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit www.ceres.org
Description and Responsibilities
The Manager, Investor Network will collaboratively coordinate engagement with North American based investors to encourage them to align their investments with the Paris Agreement's goals of net zero emissions and develop ambitious climate action plans. This full-time salaried position will report to the Senior Director, Investor Network responsible for the Paris Aligned Investment Initiative, and coordinate closely with the Accelerator’s Director of Campaigns. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Supporting the Paris Aligned Investment Initiative
- Partner with the Senior Director and other staff to achieve the https://www.parisalignedinvestment.org/’s goals, including working on projects and campaigns in collaboration with the Investor Network team, the Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets team, and other Ceres’ teams
- Manage execution of deliverables for assigned grant reporting requirements
- Plan meetings/events with investors to advance the initiative’s objectives
- Organize outreach to investors and other stakeholders, in partnership with the Ceres staff on the Paris Aligned Investment Initiative team
- Develop and implement communications activities to achieve the Paris Aligned Investment Initiative’s goals, in collaboration with
the Communications and Marketing team
Supporting the Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability
- Research, write, and edit communications with Ceres Investor Network members, including contributions to website, newsletter, reports, and other publications
- Partner with the Senior Director and other staff in funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders, in collaboration with the Development team
- Participate in planning and organizing events/meetings for Investor Network members
- Where appropriate, supervise interns or other staff on projects
- Travel as necessary
- Minimum of five years of work experience, preferably direct experience in organizing campaigns/initiatives and/or communications on climate, sustainability, and/or ESG issues.
- Experience designing and leading campaigns or other significant and complex projects characterized by changing dynamics and myriad stakeholder relationships.
- Strong meeting facilitation, communication, and presentation skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable and presentable deliverables.
- Strong strategic thinking and tactical skills, and ability to mobilize constituencies toward identified goals
- Experience developing, managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with investors, multiple partners and/or companies
- Demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, take precise notes, and work well in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong organization, writing, and project management skills
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and passion for learning
- Self-starter with an ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Boston, MA 02111