Job Title: Manager, Owned Media Sales
Level: Mid- Senior Level
Position Type: Full Time
Job Location: TerraCycle Trenton, NJ
Reports to: VP of Creative & Communications
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in recycling and reuse. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In 2019, TerraCycle launched Loop, a global reuse system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is available in the U.S, France, Canada, Japan, the UK and will be in Australia early next year.
The Manager, Owned Media Sales is responsible for furthering TerraCycle’s business by developing and selling “owned assets.” This includes books, television or streaming shows, blogs and any other revenue generating material. Company has existing track record of two TV shows and CEO is author of four books. Will work closely with VP Communications and Copywriter to develop proposals and supporting materials.
This role requires the ability to manage the successful execution of day-to-day activities on a diverse variety of projects and the ability to deliver new opportunities on a timely basis.
- Develop a deep understanding of TerraCycle's owned assets and content capabilities, as well as, creating a clear direction and strategy to achieve TerraCycle’s sales goals
- Drive the entire sales funnel including lead generation, meetings, RFP, negotiating, closing, and advising campaign cadence
- Build strong and profitable relationships with key ”entertainment” entities, and grow revenue from existing and new partnerships
- Must be able to work independently within the parameters of the position, make sound business decisions, and problem solve as needed.
- 5+ sales experience in publishing, media and/or entertainment
- Strong prioritization, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional communication and diplomacy skills; verbal, written and interpersonal
- Ability to juggle many priorities while maintaining excellent attention to detail and a positive, collaborative attitude
- Ability to interact at highest levels of organization, including CEO
- Experience effectively organizing and prioritizing workloads; ability to take ownership of projects and follow through to delivery
- Excellent attention to detail is a must; you will be responsible for quality control of assets
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Experience working with different personality types and cross-disciplinary teams
- Highly energetic self-starter with a focus on obtaining results
- Ability to communicate effectively at many levels of the organization and synthesize key messages for senior management
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
Note: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
121 New York Ave
Trenton, NJ 08638