The Staff Engagement Manager will be responsible for identifying, designing, and implementing key programs, projects, events, and engagement touchpoints to enhance the employee experience. These may be related to strategic initiatives, onboarding experience, employee recognition, and cultural recognition and celebration, interdepartmental synergy. The incumbent will partner closely with the People Team (HR), leadership; the Tides Staff Engagement Committee; Justice, Equity, Inclusion & Diversity (JEDI); internal communications; and Employee Resource Groups (ERG) who are passionate about our employee experience and culture. The successful candidate must proactive, detail oriented, and have had experience creating and sustaining an engaging, inclusive work environment. They lead by example and hold themselves and others accountable while bringing their whole self to every they do. They must be collaborative, transparent, curious, and passionate. The successful candidate must also be forward-thinking and willing to take risks.
One of Tides’ key goals is to build organizational capacity and capability to strengthen individual and team skills and competencies, reinforcing a culture of learning and fostering an environment where employees can grow their careers, transform their lives, and perform at their best. This role will drive impact and foster a culture that is grounded in Justice, Equity, Inclusion & Diversity (JEDI) and Tides’ core values - Respect, Accountability, Creativity, Equity and Empowerment.
Working at Tides connects you with world-class teammates, enduring relationships, and an inspired sense of purpose—while our employee benefits support our team's talent and well-being. This is an exciting time to join Tides. In the past, Tides staff have worked predominantly from our offices in San Francisco and New York. Today, our hybrid work model supports staff with remote work from anywhere in the United States. We will be reopening our offices in the future, date to be determined.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Focuses on and leads programs that create a positive, transparent, authentic, healthy workplace culture of belonging and inclusion
- Creates, implements, and measures engagement strategy goals and outcomes
- Represents and lifts up employee engagement on an organizational-wide level; develops and delivers presentations and other communications for our employee population about engagement initiatives and outcomes
- Recommends, designs and implements plans and tactics that help employees feel valued, drive employee commitment, and support employee retention
- Work in partnership with the Director, Learning and Development to equip leaders with knowledge and tools to help them improve the employee experience
- Understands the voice of the employee, conducts employee focus groups to capture the hopes and concerns of employees and recommend solutions, and designs processes and opportunities with the employee in mind
- Partners with Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI), Talent Acquisition, and other People functions to create and deliver comprehensive and inclusive engagement strategies for the organization to build a listening strategy (focus groups, surveys, etc.) while fostering a culture that values and acts on employee feedback
- Lead and drive recruitment for the current Staff Engagement Committee, collaborating with a cross-departmental group of passionate staff volunteers to brainstorm and execute events celebrating staff cultural traditions, holidays, and more
- Partner with internal stakeholders, including JEDI and internal communications, to strengthen, innovate on, and execute new and existing staff engagement events, such as all-hands meetings, town halls, and fireside chats
- Communicates messages in a compelling manner, promoting strategic priorities and engagement related messages to all levels of the organization
- Leverages data and cross-departmental relationships to gain insights into the employee experience and culture related to engagement, and communication to inform the approach towards improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of building and implementing engagement programs and events for a distributed workforce with quantifiable measures of success
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and execute in a fast-paced environment, leading multiple projects with multiple stakeholders and a high level of accountability
- Rigorous attention to detail in planning, execution, reporting and tracking
- A strong track record of planning and executing engaging virtual and hybrid staff events
- Excellent communication skills, including active and compassionate listening, stellar writing and verbal skills; confident public speaker who can stay calm and flexible under pressure
- Adapt at working with and supporting a diverse employee population, including skill using an intersectional, multicultural lens in programmatic development
- Highly organized, committed to meeting deadlines and resourceful in finding solutions and adapting to change
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use MS Office suite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development or related field required
- 5+ years’ experience leading organizational training and education for adult professionals
- 5+ years of experience in HR program management, HR, or engagement manager role where you’ve developed and executed programs to drive employee engagement
- Consistent track record in optimally building and maintaining employee facing programs that drive a positive employee experience
- Survey research design and statistical and data analytical skills preferred
- Experience with having complete ownership over projects with the goal of empowering teams and collaborators; you work in service to the team and the company’s top level goals
- You value and are committed to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion, staying current on research and data to enable successful DEI initiatives that ensure a welcoming and equitable work culture and work sites
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.