Samvid Ventures is seeking an MBA student for a Summer Associate role based in our New York office. The Summer Associate will report to the Program Director, Social Enterprise. This is a hybrid role, with 3 days a week in the New York office and up to 2 days working remotely, for 8-10 weeks.
About the role
The Social Enterprise program seeks to build a vibrant community for organizations that serve low- and moderate-income communities. Its first initiative will be a startup accelerator to support early-stage founders building technologies to advance economic mobility. The Summer Associate will play a critical role in the development of the accelerator program content and network of support.
The role will include market and network research, outbound sourcing, synthesizing findings, and presenting work and recommendations to the internal team and leadership. A key competency is synthesis of information and data, and the ability to develop a coherent point of view and present the information to stakeholders to enable effective decision-making. Summer Associate candidates are encouraged to consider how the below activities align to their personal interests and development goals, and will contribute to determining final role scope.
- Source organizations, founders, and investors working to advance economic mobility
- Source networks supporting organizations strengthening low- and moderate-income communities
- Identify gaps in the ecosystem where founders could focus future ventures
- Analyze available funding sources for startups and non-profits, including non-dilutive grants
- Build content to deepen knowledge of accelerator participants about issues affecting low- and moderate-income Americans, including identifying and engaging with experts, sourcing guest speakers, finding and creating asynchronous learning resources, coordinating topics and format to maximize relevant and applicable learning
- Compare models of venture building and entrepreneurship-in-residence to drive strategic direction for the social enterprise portfolio
Who we’re looking for
The team values collaboration, intellectual curiosity, creativity, continuous improvement, a commitment to professional growth and development, and maintaining a service orientation in all we do. In its team members, Samvid Ventures looks for individuals who are motivated by excellence, will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and have demonstrated a strong impact-orientation through their work.
• Current MBA student
• Ability to identify information sources, gather and analyze data, and present findings to team members and external stakeholders
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
• Detail-oriented and curious with the ability to prioritize and navigate ambiguity
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people at all levels in the organization
• Prior consulting, teaching, and/or research experience is a plus
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit applications via LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3510614279 and email any questions to MBA@samvid.ventures with subject “Summer Associate”
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours per Week: 40
Compensation: $1,000/week; Candidates are encouraged to apply for financial support from their university, typically available to students employed by 501c3 nonprofit organizations, including operating foundations.
About Samvid Ventures
Samvid Ventures is a philanthropic foundation committed to improving lives and advancing society through innovation in entrepreneurship, education, and wellness. It has staff and board presence in Detroit, New York, and Miami, and a national footprint in programming. We apply technology and innovation to our initiatives across education and entrepreneurship to bring meaningful opportunity to individuals and communities with low to moderate income and wealth.
New York, NY 10017