Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors and businesses to create a world that works for all. We deploy marketplace solutions to solve the most pressing social and environmental problems facing society today.
The Center of Sustainability Solutions builds on Green America’s work over the years, where we’ve brought together industry groups across supply chains to create major shifts in such areas as solar, banking and investing, sustainable agriculture and fair labor. The Center supports Innovation Networks, focused working groups of stakeholders with the objective of making significant, industry-wide system change.
The Climate Safe Lending Network (CSL) is a multi-stakeholder, cross-industry working group supporting initiatives that focus on moving banks to take the carbon out of credit – decarbonizing their lending portfolios and balance sheets and shifting the focus of their lending to stopping greenhouse gas emissions and drawing down existing atmospheric carbon.
Working closely with the Managing Director, the Program Manager will contribute to the development and growth of the Climate Safe Lending Network and its ongoing Initiatives, which includes stakeholder engagement and recruiting; meeting design, planning and facilitation; communications; and fundraising.
Post-pandemic, this position will involve domestic and international travel for Network meetings, conferences and business cultivation meetings, staff training, and other purposes. CSL is a virtual Network – the position may be housed in Washington, DC at the Green America offices, but may also be filled remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Managing Director to manage the CSL Network and its priority initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for growing the CSL Network and deepening member engagement.
- Participate in the design and planning of CSL Network meetings and events in collaboration with the CSL team.
- Deliver CSL Network meetings and events that run smoothly and achieve desired outcomes, including meeting facilitation and support, managing logistical arrangements, and preparing meeting reports.
- Organize and help facilitate CSL staff, Initiative, and Design Team meetings as well as contribute to the design and development of Network initiatives.
- Identify new systems, processes, and tools to help the Network grow, stay organized, and achieve desired goals.
- Lead the design, administration, and implementation of a communications plan and strategy.
- Participate in new participant and CSL member engagement.
- Lead the design, administration, and moderation of an online communications platform for network members.
- Conduct outreach to current and potential network members to include preparing a monthly newsletter and other communications materials.
- Enhance CSL’s online presence to include maintaining and improving CSL’s website, moderating CSL’s LinkedIn group, and regularly posting on CSL’s social media channels.
- Contribute to growing and diversifying the CSL Network’s sources of funding by identifying potential new funders and helping to prepare grant applications and fundraising materials.
- Design, manage and administer a network membership program to be developed in collaboration with the CSL Network team, including specific revenue targets for membership.
- Participate in donor stewardship to include tracking the completion of grant deliverables and preparing donor reports.
Participate in Cross-Departmental Teams
- Provide operational support to the Center for Sustainability Solutions, as needed.
- Participate in Center for Sustainability Solutions efforts and ensure the collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas, tools, and resources between teams, as needed.
- Ensure that knowledge gained is converted into “knowledge capital” for the Center for Sustainability Solutions by documenting work processes involved in managing Innovation Networks and successful strategies used in CSL operations.
- Participate in Green America staff meetings and processes and other duties as required.
- Participate in Green America Cross Departmental Teams: The success of our organizational work includes the voluntary participation of staff members from all levels of the organization in cross departmental teams addressing a range of issues to strengthen our impact and planning, as time and other work commitments allow.
Qualified Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Demonstrated project management skills, particularly starting up and running a new project and/or managing several projects simultaneously
- A passion for and strong knowledge of banking, sustainable finance, and/or environmental sustainability
- Experience making sense of and synthesizing information across diverse perspectives
- Strong written communication and research skills; able to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts
- Strong verbal communication and inter-personal skills
- Adept at building and maintaining collaborative relationships, especially in sustainable finance, banking, and environmental sustainability; robust professional network desired
- Strong technology skills, including videoconferencing and website platforms, CRM, newsletter email software, etc.
- Able to work remotely with minimal supervision; intrapreneurial skills desired
- Bachelors degree required in banking, sustainable finance, environmental sustainability, or a related field; MBA or Masters degree in a related field preferred
- Presentation and group facilitation experience desired
- Experience with business development or fundraising a plus
How to Apply:
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (preferably 2-5 pages that has not been professionally edited) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.
1612 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006