Community Development Venture Capital Alliance
Program Manager SECTOR: Community Development / Venture & Growth Capital
FUNCTION: Program Management
LOCATION: Remote & San Juan, Puerto Rico
The Community Development Venture Capital Alliance (CDVCA) is a 26-year-old nonprofit organization with a long history of promoting the availability of critical startup and growth capital to businesses in distressed or underinvested areas, directly supporting 350+ businesses and the creation of more than 12,225 jobs. CDVCA has developed innovative structures to provide small investments and short-term financing, including high-risk equity financing like venture capital. CDVCA focuses its allocation exclusively on operating businesses and seeks investment opportunities to help create quality jobs accessible to low-income people.
About the Investment Readiness Program
CDVCA’s Investment Readiness Program (IRP) is designed to increase access to private and alternative growth capital in underinvested and economically distressed areas in Puerto Rico. The IRP is a unique offering among Puerto Rican incubator/accelerator programs because it is laser-focused on helping companies at different stages obtain flexible risk capital needed to fuel growth. The IRP supports early-stage and growth-driven companies through education, mentorship, technical assistance, networking, and investment readiness advice. The IRP’s end goal is to increase private and alternative capital investments in the companies it engages. The IRP experience offers accepted applicants a combination of intense immersive education and tailored mentoring aimed at accelerating the life cycle of innovation in both young and mature companies as they enter new markets or expand their current footprint. The program emphasizes peer-to-peer learning and early engagements with potential investors to accelerate investment readiness. The IRP also highlights the need for a resilient company culture and helps participants plan for business continuity when facing industry shocks, public health threats or natural disasters.
CDVCA is seeking an experienced Program Manager (PM) for the IRP. The Program Manager will be responsible for recruiting, assessing, tracking and supporting participating businesses and engaging with program mentors, lecturers, technical assistance providers and volunteers. The PM will also be responsible for gathering data from participants, activities, and other sources to report on the program’s progress, and communicate with stakeholders about its achievements.
• Curriculum planning and development
• Business and participant outreach, recruitment, and tracking
• Ensuring program partner compliance (deliverables, reporting, budget, etc.) to existing grant agreements
• Gathering information on participants, activities, and business development data to enable internal monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
• Maintain and strengthen relationships with program partners
• IRP administration and accounting
• IRP information systems, website content and social media outreach
• Reporting to IRP leadership on overall program progress
• Supporting CDVCA staff in organizing and conducting community investment, business development and program activities in person in Puerto Rico and virtually
• Participation in internal and external CDVCA meetings and training and supporting other CDVCA programs as requested and necessary
• 3+ years’ work experience in a high performing team in entrepreneurship, business development, economic development and/or nonprofit management
• Understanding of social impact and the non-profit sector
• Demonstrated success supporting and managing programs or initiatives for growth, while measuring and improving outcomes
• Business administration and fiscal management skills
• Experience managing grants and federally funded programs
• Familiarity with database management, creating documents, presentations, and spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Written and oral comprehension in Spanish and English
• Bachelor’s degree in entrepreneurship, business administration, economics, accounting, or another related field; master’s degree preferred Public Contact Attends public activities such as lectures, presentations, and special meetings when necessary
Compensation and Benefits Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience
CDVCA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com