Plant with Purpose is a global Christian organization that addresses issues of deforestation and climate change, while empowering people to lift their communities out of rural poverty. For more than 30 years, Plant With Purpose has been a leader in operating at the nexus of Environmental Restoration, Economic Development, and Spiritual Impact. We believe that we honor God when we honor people and our planet. Come join our growing team and make a difference at this critical time in human history.
Plant With Purpose THRIVE 25 Strategy Statement: Inspired by the impact of our work in service to rural communities around the world, we are driven to grow our programs to help address the rising need. By 2025, we plan to work in 10 countries, 60 watersheds, and nearly 900,000 people. Our revenue will exceed $19 million as we seek to become the premier organization operating at the nexus of environmental restoration and poverty alleviation.
On July 1, 2020 we launched into a new strategic period where we plan to grow an average of 30% per year by 2025. The Regional Representative Associate for Denver, Colorado will contribute to achieving this goal by working with the Director of Development to cultivate and steward established major donors, develop mid-level donors, develop key church partnerships, and leverage a professional network to strategically open doors for new opportunities. We are looking for a team member who has the ability to listen, has good follow through, and loves using their creative skills to connect people to impact.
The Regional Representative Associate will serve as a bridge between Plant With Purpose’s global programs and our partners here in the US, specifically in Denver and the greater Rocky Mountain region. This position is based in Denver and will work closely with the Director of Development, eventually taking the lead in cultivating relationships which the Director of Development has previously stewarded.
The Regional Representative Associate will also work to enhance mid-level cultivation strategies and provide support to the Director of Development. To succeed in this role, this person needs to be a great listener, enthusiastic about Plant With Purpose’s work, a warm communicator, and generous with their gratitude and ability to communicate impact.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position
This position is based out of Denver, Colorado
You will report to the Director of Development. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Cultivate and steward a portfolio of 60 established major donors by articulating the mission, vision, and ministry of Plant With Purpose
- Develop and drive mid-level donor cultivation strategy
- Hold at least 18 significant donor meetings a month (usually face-to-face, but adapted for current situations)
- Use best practices in donor care to retain 80%+ of major donors and 65% of other relationships in region
- Maintain and increase giving in the region, raising an additional $250,000 in the first three years.
- Record donor information, relevant interactions, and track all relationships using Bloomerang
- Ensure gifts from major donors are properly designated, thanked, and followed up on with timely information and updates on the impact each gift has accomplished
- Prepare written proposals, with the help of the Major Gifts Team, which effectively and compellingly describe the work of Plant With Purpose and the “return on investment” that speaks to each unique audience
- Lead Vision Trips that help donors catch a vision for transformation by visiting one of our local country programs
Ambassadorship: Build the Plant With Purpose reputation within Colorado
- Invest in and develop 4 key church partnerships
- Leverage the network of Plant With Purpose donors to be effective ambassadors for Plant With Purpose
- Articulate your personal walk with Jesus Christ and relate it to the ministry of Plant With Purpose in conversations with individual donors and churches
- Host events as needed
New Donor Acquisition and Stewardship
- Use creativity, instinct, and strategy for donor acquisition and retention strategies
- Build and leverage a professional network to strategically open doors for new opportunities.
- Conduct research on prospect individuals, business partners, and foundations in partnership with the grants team and the broader development team
Assist the Director of Development
- As a Regional Representative Associate, you will work closely with the Director of Development in transitioning a majority of their donor relationships to your stewardship, ensuring the highest level of care and always focusing on what is best for Plant With Purpose’s donors.
- Provide support for select foundation proposals and reports
- Organize meetings and manage follow up
WHAT WE'LL LOVE ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors in related field; or equivalent years experience
- You have a deep commitment to the professional quality of your work
- You have the ability to listen, synthesize, and develop ideas and information, and have good follow through
- You recognize the multidimensional nature of poverty, and embrace the complexity required to address it
- You turn dilemmas into advantages and opportunities when confronted with challenging and complex situations
- You must be able to travel to international project sites in rural settings
- You have a thirst for consistently doing your best work and an eagerness to learn
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong project management skills, including time management, organizational skills, and effectively communicating with other team members.
- You have the ability to initiate, self start, work independently, and seek out solutions
- You are innovative and willing to take risks
- You are willing to occasionally work overtime seasonally or on an as needed basis
- You have experience living or working in a developing country or cross-cultural setting
- You are competent in using Bloomerang or other donor database systems (CRMs)
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
We are a collaborative, interdependent team that relies on relating and supporting each other to achieve our goals. Through the way we live within and shape our culture, we seek to build community and a sense of belonging in our local, national, and global families. Working on the Plant With Purpose team as the Regional Representative Associate will require you to be a communicator, a learner, a servant leader, and an includer in the following ways:
- You deeply resonate with the holistic mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- You have a personal alignment with our organizational core values of faith, collaboration, empowerment, innovation, stewardship, and sustainability
- You have a love for humanity, including those who live in poverty, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or culture
- You intentionally build community and a team mentality by pursuing the "we" over the "me"
- You understand the priority of relationships in getting work done
- You feel most successful as a team member when each person on the team succeeds
- You reflexively express gratitude and growth-oriented feedback
- You accept feedback with a growth mindset
- You listen with an intent to understand and ask clarifying questions
- You seek out learning and development opportunities
- You strive to be an inclusive person by being aware of the existence and impact of your unconscious biases, and working daily to check them
- As a team member, you pay attention to diversity of thinking and psychological safety, and believe you play an active role in building cohesion on any team of which you are a part.
Compensation is dependent on unique experience and skillset. A range based on this position's local market is available upon request.
- Health, dental, and vision insurances
- Group life insurance
- 401k match, up to 8%, after 6 months of employment
- 15 paid vacation days
- 8 paid sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- $75/month home office stipend
- Domestic Travel - Moderate: Role may require up to 4 trips per year
- Visits to San Diego office - A minimum of 1-2 visits per year to San Diego will be required.
- International Travel - Occasional international trips (up to 2-3 per year) to project sites, which at times may be in difficult and physically arduous conditions.
*Travel is still in flux due to the pandemic. The above represents the typical requirements in a post-pandemic world.
START DATE: Ideally, April 11 or 18, 2022
APPLY BY: February 6, 2022
All interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply on our website here. Please include a Cover Letter with your application that shows us how you are a great fit for this position, the organization, and our culture.
Plant With Purpose is an EEO/AA employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment for all employees.
If you have any questions regarding this position, or need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Denver, CO 80227