Senior Associate, Corporate Climate and Energy
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Associate will work across all teams within Ceres, NGO partners, company partners, and institutional investors through the Ceres Ambition 2030 initiative to drive ambitious climate action through goal setting, transition planning, and accountable among the six highest emitting U.S. industry sectors. The senior associate will organize and support the work of Ambition 2030, including but not limited to data analysis and project management across the initiative, investor-led engagements on corporate goals and transition plans, and coordination of cross-sector and program work on integrating just and inclusive transition into corporate climate action. The senior associate will also contribute to global thought leadership through research, analysis, and linking team concepts and activities to measuring and identifying team impact. This position reports to the Director, Corporate Climate Ambition.
This role is a full-time position that is remote or may be based in Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA. Candidate must be flexible to work with employees in all US time zones.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Partner with the Director of Corporate Climate Ambition to serve as a resource by developing and leveraging existing research materials to support internal strategy development and goals for the Ambition 2030 Hub team
· As directed, draft reports, analyze Ambition 2030 companies’ data, goal setting, transition planning, disclosures, and track progress. Update the Ambition 2030 website and support internal strategy development
· Monitor partner led research and initiatives on setting climate goals and taking actions towards those goals to help influence strategy and tactics
· Develop, maintain, and regularly update engagement tools and Salesforce tracking systems to ensure contacts, meetings, deliverables, and other important information is tracked and available
· Work with the Climate and Energy and Investor Network (SICS) team to engage investors on GHG goals and plans to meet corporate climate commitments
· Support the Director in working with the communications team in developing media content and materials for Ambition 2030
· Participate in Ambition 2030, Climate and Energy and SICS meetings, quarterly and annual program reviews, and annual planning meetings
· Minimum of three years of relevant work experience, preferably in writing, data analysis, and research
· An understanding of corporate sustainability practices generally and climate action including but not limited to greenhouse gas accounting, science-based targets, transition plans
· Strong data analysis, reporting, and research skills
- Strong organizational, project management and relationship management skills
- Experience working with diverse constituents and making everyone feel valued and respected, a plus
· Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Willingness to travel as needed
· Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Tableau, other database applications, teleconference and webinar systems and standard e-mail computer applications
· Interest and willingness to be trained on specific Ceres’ applications necessary for success: Salesforce, Bloomberg, and others
· Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
Compensation: The hiring salary is $55,000 to $58,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Boston, MA 02111