Senior Manager, Banks Investor Engagement
Ceres is a sustainability nonproﬁt organization leading the most inﬂuential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager plays a key role supporting investor engagement with U.S. banks and managing relationships on the Investor Network. Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability is a group of more than 215 leading institutional investors with collective assets under management of over $60 trillion. We are seeking candidates who are strategic thinkers and understand both the investment community and capital markets with a focus on the banking industry.
The Ceres Banks Working Group (BWG) is a new initiative formed in 2022 to build on Ceres’ direct engagement with banks, policy makers and financial regulators. The Ceres Investor Network is speciﬁcally looking for someone that will manage engagement with institutional investors to recruit, retain and engage members of our Investor Network to support Ceres’ Banks Working Group. The position will work collaboratively with staff on the Ceres Company Network Team and the Ceres Accelerator, as well as key external collaboration partners. This position reports to a Senior Director on the Investor Network team.
This role is a full-time position that is remote or may be based in Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA. Candidate must be flexible to work with employees in all US time zones.
Speciﬁc duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Manage and deepen Ceres’ relationships with asset owners and asset managers, serving a dedicated portfolio of investors
· Manage Ceres Banks Working Group, supporting investors direct engagements and proxy proposals with portfolio banks. Collaborate with the Company Network team and the Accelerator team to identify specific priorities and conduct research and analysis
· Recruit strategic new asset owners and asset managers to join the Investor Network from both the U.S. and Canada and encourage their action on Ceres priority issues in the areas of investment practice and corporate engagement
· Lead on the development of Investor Network Banks Working Group planning and project work with investors
· Partner with the Communications team in developing media messaging and communications materials, such as op-eds, press releases, reports, and blogs
· Attend and participate in key investor meetings and events
· Track Investor Network member progress and impact on Ceres priority investor campaigns utilizing the Ceres Salesforce platform
· Make public presentations at investor conferences on Ceres’ priorities or other topics of interest to Ceres and Investor Network members
· Partner with Senior Ceres staff in funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders, with the Development Team
· Participate in planning and organizing Ceres events
· Partner with other Investor Network and senior staff on annual planning, team management, Ceres-wide processes, and protocols for engaging Investor Network members
· Train and supervise other Investor Network team staff or interns as needed
· Travel as necessary
· Minimum of five to seven years of relevant work experience, preferably direct experience working in the financial services sector on sustainability-related issues
· Knowledge of investor engagement practices, and proxy voting strategies and processes desirable
· An understanding of institutional investors, ﬁnancial markets, and public policy
· Demonstrated experience with relationship management, organizing and campaigning
- Experience working with diverse constituents and making everyone feel valued and respected, a plus
· Strong oral and written communication skills, especially with senior-level executives
· Strong project management skills and attention to detail
· Successful record of organizing multiple projects, delivering on time, and the ability to thrive in a fast- paced environment
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Experience supervising staff, including ability to provide training and support staff development
· Desire to work in a not-for-proﬁt, advocacy-focused organization
· Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above
· Proﬁcient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications
· Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
Compensation: The hiring salary is $84,000 to $87,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Boston, MA 02111