Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager plays a key relationship management role on the Investor Network. The Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability is a group of more than 190 leading institutional investors with collective assets under management of over $38 trillion. We are looking for candidates who are strategic thinkers and understand both the investment community and public policy. The Ceres Investor Network is specifically looking for someone that will manage engagement with institutional investors to recruit, retain and engage members of our Investor Network to support Ceres’ policy objectives. This is a full-time position. The location of the position is negotiable and reports to a Senior Director on the Investor Network team. The position will work collaboratively with staff on the Ceres Policy Team and the Ceres Accelerator.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and deepen Ceres’ relationships with asset owners and asset managers, serving a dedicated portfolio of investors
- Manage the Investor Network Policy Working Group, engaging investors in our core regulatory, global policy, federal policy and state policy priorities. Collaborate with the Policy team and the Accelerator team to identify plans and priorities.
- Represent Ceres on the Investor Agenda’s Policy Working Group and lead the Investor Agenda’s U.S. Country Policy Group.
- Recruit strategic new asset owners and asset managers to join the Investor Network from both the U.S. and Canada and encourage their action on Ceres priority issues in the areas of policy, investment practice and corporate engagement.
- Contribute to other Investor Network working groups and project work with investors
- Partner with the Communications team in developing media messaging and communications materials, such as op-eds, press releases, reports, and blogs
- Attend and participate in key investor meetings and events
- Track Investor Network member progress and impact on Ceres priority investor campaigns utilizing the Ceres Salesforce platform
- Make public presentations at investor conferences on Ceres’ policy priorities or other topics of interest to Ceres and Investor Network members.
- Partner with Senior Ceres staff in funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders, with the Development Team
- Participate in planning and organizing Ceres events
- Partner with other Directors, Investor Network and senior staff on annual planning, team management, Ceres-wide processes and protocols for engaging Investor Network members.
- Train and supervise other Investor Network team staff or interns as needed
- Travel as necessary
- Seven years of work experience, preferably direct experience working in the investment sector on sustainability-related issues. Knowledge of and experience with advocacy around climate and energy policy and regulatory issues desirable.
- An understanding of institutional investors, financial markets, and public policy.
- Demonstrated experience with relationship management, organizing and campaigning.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially with senior-level executives.
- Public speaking skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects, delivering on time, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience supervising staff, including ability to provide training and support staff development.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Boston, MA 02111