Net Impact is currently seeking a Senior Program Associate who is passionate about the social impact field and working with entrepreneurial young leaders. You will ensure the successful execution of Net Impact’s case competition program portfolio. These programs challenge Net Impact’s network of passionate young social impact entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges ranging from sustainable energy and agriculture to forest stewardship. You will be responsible for attracting high-quality participants to our programs and ensuring that they fully participate in our programs in order to develop their potential as leaders. You will utilize your stellar project management skills to manage the Accelerator prize experience and ensure the overall success of the programs. You will also use these skills of outreach, community engagement, and project management to support the overall program portfolio.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who would like to join a high-performing team. The ideal candidate is highly organized, an outstanding communicator, and a team player who is driven by achievement. Individuals who can inspire the best effort in others, create efficient processes and stick to them, juggle multiple priorities, and drive for results will excel in this position
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
The qualifications listed in this section apply to all openings unless otherwise specified:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience
- High standards for excellence, outstanding organizational skill, and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate others to produce their best effort
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to establish and drive to meet goals and objectives
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic environment
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms preferred
- Experience with or understanding of the landscape of sustainable agriculture, forest management, and/or sustainable energy preferred
- Experience engaging remote audiences is preferred
- Understanding of the social impact accelerator space preferred
- Chapter leader or familiarity with Net Impact preferred
Responsibilities for the Senior Program Associate
- Execute a plan to engage program target audiences
- Write compelling marketing and outreach communications
- Track and evaluate results of outreach efforts and provide recommendations
- Manage inbound program questions and concerns
- Refine and execute an engagement plan for ensuring confirmed program participant completion.
- Coaching young social entrepreneurs on their initial applications
- Develop and update case competition materials
- Ensure confirmed program participants understand program requirements and subsequently meet their deadlines and goals while troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Plan and execute networking events for confirmed program participants
- Track and evaluate program communications and provide recommendations
- Develop and execute a project plan for a successful Accelerator, the main prize for case competition programs
- Manage external contractor(s) who run the Accelerator program
- Assist with distribution of prizes
- Coordinate with the Net Impact marketing team to ensure program marketing goals are met
- Manage final pitch-off events for case competition programs
- Lead program evaluation
Please send the following application materials to email@example.com. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please include in the subject line your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Senior Program Associate”). Apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send:
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will remain closed or partially opened for staff upon request until it is safe to resume regular operations, at which point, it is preferred that the role will be able to be present in our Oakland, CA, USA office. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk and market convention related to work locale policies.
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $56,000 to $58,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Oakland, CA 94612