The Senior Analyst, Content helps address our members’ most pressing challenges by creating written content and education programming that is highly professional, insightful, and relevant to corporate board members. This position is an opportunity to advise boards and their executive teams of some of the largest companies in the country on the issues that are redefining business, including digital innovation and the purpose of the corporation. This individual will create timely and practical guidance for the corporate board community on a range of governance issues including diversity, equity & inclusion, board operations, CEO succession planning, and the oversight of major strategic and risk matters. In this role, the individual will use their growing content expertise to develop educational programming at our annual summit and other events (live and virtual) held throughout the year. This individual will also increase the impact of deliverables by providing internal trainings for NACD staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Engage directors from publicly-traded and privately owned companies, including those at Fortune 500 organizations, identify their most pressing business challenges.
• Helps organize content for Fortune 500 board committee chairs at Advisory Council meetings, covering emerging issues for governance.
• Leads and creates high-quality short-form content for members (research papers, blogs, articles, etc.), in addition to longer-form content, such as handbooks.
• Leads interviews with directors and reviews relevant data and other secondary research to independently produce relevant content for members.
• Convert thought leadership into engaging learning experiences for our membership, including virtual and in-person events (once normal business travel resumes).
• Recruit speakers for NACD events and work with the speakers to outline the key topics they will need to cover.
• Delivers and leads formal training and ongoing coaching to colleagues in commercial teams on new publications and, more broadly, governance issues.
• Fully owns their content deliverables.
• Engages with external stakeholders on co-branded publications and events.
• Conducts primary and secondary research on corporate governance, business, regulatory and related issues of interest to NACD’s members: directors of public, private, and nonprofit boards
• Assists in management of timelines and deliverables for content production, other core departmental activities, and larger projects and assignments as needed
• Collaborate across NACD departments--especially with the partner, editorial, and education/events teams--to ensure timely delivery of projects.
• Actively shapes the direction of ongoing research products and corresponding education; participates in and provides feedback during meetings on content planning
• Builds subject matter expertise in selected topic areas with the following responsibilities:
o inform national (live and virtual) or chapter programming and facilitate panels and webinars on topics
o ensure consistency across all of our channels in how we engage our members on specific topics
o identify gaps in current content
• Performs other duties as assigned.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attends NACD director events and program/project planning meetings with NACD colleagues and our external content partners virtually, until normal business travel resumes
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, journalism, English, communications, political science, or another field with significant research work required. A minimum of four years of experience in research and/or content development desired. Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; and demonstrated track record of prioritizing multiple work streams under deadline, with timely execution and resolution of action items.
Why Work at NACD?
NACD is committed to fostering a corporate culture that engages, inspires, and challenges its employees. The organization values energetic dialogue, creative thinking, and innovative problem-solving. Employees at all levels are given a voice on how to best serve NACD members and deliver on the mission of the association. We offer a generous benefits package and a positive, collegial workplace atmosphere in a metro-accessible location.
Our office is located in Arlington, VA--just one block from the Courthouse Metro Station. NACD does not pay for expenses related to relocation.
If interested, submit your résumé to Ashely Marchand https://www.nacdonline.org/about/careers.cfm?itemnumber=49120 No calls, please.
ARLINGTON, VA 22201