Job Title – Sr. Business Development Associate, Zero Waste
Level – Entry- Mid
Position Type – Full Time
Job Location – TerraCycle - Trenton, NJ
Reports to – Sr. Business Development Manager
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in recycling and reuse. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In 2019, TerraCycle launched Loop, a global reuse system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is available in the U.S, France, Canada, Japan, the UK and will be in Australia early next year.
The Senior Business Development Associate will:
- Autonomously build and manage a pipeline by identifying and securing new partnerships for TerraCycle through proactive outreach as well as management of inbound inquiries via email, web-conferencing, and phone
- Create sales presentations to showcase TerraCycle capabilities and expertise to prospects and partners
- Work closely with other departments at TerraCycle (i.e. Operations, R&D, etc.) to generate custom collection and pricing models as needed
- Work with other departments at TerraCycle (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Graphics, etc.) to develop sales resources and marketing collateral
- Present TerraCycle’s programs virtually and in person (when possible) to potential new partners in conjunction with the Zero Waste Business Development team
- Work with new partners on pricing and finalization of contracts
- Identify new, profit generating opportunities for TerraCycle, specifically, opportunities in the life sciences
- Track and maintain a record of all communications with prospective and/or active customers using CRM
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- 3-5 years of sales or consulting experience
- Track record of successfully negotiating and closing business opportunities in a client-facing capacity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (with ability to provide a writing sample).
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft PowerPoint being the focus.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy with the client while also managing expectations in realistic manner
- Ability to work in an open and fast-paced environment while juggling multiple responsibilities and shifting deadlines
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Capacity to successfully manage multiple project deliverables with changing deadlines
- Experience in life sciences industry or experience with social enterprise preferred
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
Note: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
121 New York Ave
Trenton, NJ 08638