Vice President, Assessments and Instructional Products
Location: Flexible within the United States; some travel may be required
(Travel is contingent upon organizational/state/federal regulations)
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partners. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
The Vice President, Instructional Products (VP) is charged with developing and owning the overall vision for ANet's instructional assessments and support resources. The VP will lead the teams designing and curating assessments and instructional resources that meet the evolving and growing needs of our partners that help enable the greatest instructional impact. In addition, the VP will bring their expertise of the Assessment and Instructional Materials marketplace while serving as a strategic leader, working cross-functionally to ensure alignment towards ANet's overall organizational priorities across Program, School & System Services, and Partnership Success teams. The Vice President, Instructional Products will report to the Chief Program Officer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Set a clear and coherent vision and strategy for ANet's assessments and instructional resources that aligns with organizational priorities
- Provide strategic leadership and vision for all ANet created formative assessments and standards-aligned, instructional resources.
- Serve as an organizational expert on our instructional products and evangelize their purpose and value as conveyed through coaching, marketing, sales, partnership management, etc.
- Regularly weigh and study evidence from decision-making criteria (i.e. sustainability, demand, impact, and feasibility) to recommend future product investments, assess the health of and evolve current product offerings.
- Lead cross-functional teams to evaluate and steer the instructional products strategy to include aligning with product/technology roadmaps and effectively integrating products into sales/partnership/service.
Ensure ANet assessments and resources are the highest quality and grounded in enabling equitable instructional visions across our system and school partners
- Ensure teams create and curate materials grounded in the vision and high bar ANet has set for equitable instruction and assessment quality.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to evaluate the value and quality of the tools ANet creates, seeking external validation and feedback on our offerings.
- Regularly collect and distill feedback from partners, our coaches, and national and regional thought leaders to inform refinements and evolution.
- Prioritize the conditions necessary to enable our teams to create and maintain high-quality and meaningful materials.
Contribute to the growth, impact, and sustainability of ANet
- Ensure that ANet's instructional products are designed to support achieving the intended scale and impact we aspire to as an organization.
- Maintain strong relationships and exercise judgment with other functional leaders to align priorities and execution efforts that will reflect coherence across products and services in our offerings and in the actual execution of work with partners.
Develop and lead a high-performing team
- Build a strong and diverse team with an inclusive culture that brings out each team member's strengths and ignites actions and engagement with ANet's mission and vision.
- Manage and develop others towards excellence in their role and with an eye toward their long-term development and leadership contributions.
- Be fluent in and applying ANet's Anti-racist standards in the role as a team leader and manager, and in building relationships and enabling work across the organization.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role and at ANet, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You bring experience in the K-12 Education sector
- You bring experience managing teams and are energized by developing and coaching others to do their best work while fostering a positive, inclusive team culture.
- You have a proven track record of success in developing a long-term strategic vision that invests and motivates others to drive towards outcomes.
- You bring expertise in assessment design and development and an understanding of how to set up development cycles and feedback loops to ensure quality products.
- You are skilled at leveraging your strong communication skills, understanding the perspectives of internal and external stakeholders, and you take a collaborative approach to navigating complex and sometimes ambiguous situations in order to get work done.
- You operate with a clear vision of what equitable instruction looks like and how ANet's products support schools and systems to get there.
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet's Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times Best Nonprofits to Work For and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience in a similar role and qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application online.
This role is not intended to be performed in Colorado.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Boston, MA 02115