National Parks Business Plan Internship
The National Parks Business Plan Internship is an 11-week, paid, summer program for graduate students dedicated to applying their skills and experience to affect lasting change in America’s national parks.
Gain meaningful hands-on experience
As a BPI summer consultant working directly with park management, you will lead strategic projects that impact the long-term financial and operational health of these vital American resources, like a comprehensive five-year rehabilitation analysis of Gateway National Recreation Area in Staten Island.
Join a cohort of emerging leaders and seasoned mentors
Kick-off the program in Yellowstone National Park with training alongside your peers. As a consultant, benefit from one-on-one mentoring with seasoned project managers throughout the summer. Access an engaged network of alumni who have gone on to successful careers in a variety of roles across sectors.
Serve our country’s national parks by making a lasting impact
While living amid the beauty of our national treasures, dig deep into the finances and operations of your park. At the end of the program, you’ll present strategic recommendations – like reducing fleet capacity or adjusting visitor center hours to better align with visitor use patterns – to your team.
Do you have what it takes?
Competitive applicants demonstrate the following:
- Excellent time/project management and analytical skills
- Superb oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Flexible work style and ability to work in a team
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the National Park Service
- Consulting, government, or nonprofit experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of professional work experience