Use these materials to facilitate workshops focused on social impact career pathways with your chapter.
The Making a Path (MAP) program is an opportunity for Net Impact chapter leaders to facilitate workshops for their members that support them to explore social impact career pathways and identify their own personal career paths. MAP provides chapters with resources, workshops, materials, and facilitation resource that guides leaders to host a series of 4-6 exploratory and reflective conversations and exercises for small groups of 5 - 15 chapter members. These workshops focus on relevant topics and skill-building exercises, such as values, identifying one’s assets, developing a pitch, and building a network. The workshops equip chapter members with critical social impact career-specific knowledge and tools. By sharing challenges, ideas, and personal experiences, chapter members will deepen their sense of connection with each other and build peer groups that can accompany them along their social impact career journey.
Who is eligible to participate?
All undergraduate, graduate, and professional chapters are welcome to run a MAP program. This is beneficial to members who are working in social impact but interested in expanding their network, reconnecting with their purpose and their strengths, and exploring alternative pathways within social impact work.
Benefits for chapters:
- Pre-designed workshops with resources, tools, links, and more
- A thought-out curriculum design to be flexible and easy to implement
- Resources on facilitation
- You can run the program multiple times a year
- Gold Points awarded to chapters who successfully complete the program
Benefits for chapter members:
- Community: A small cohort of people on a similar journey
- Dedicated Progress: Weekly exercise and activities to dive deep into clarifying your purpose, skills, strengths, and career goals
- Easy To Engage/Participate Framework: A step-by-step guide for your chapter with detailed facilitation instructions for conversations and exercises
- Accountability: A group that will provide peer-mentorship and hold you accountable
- Strengths-based Approach: Gain self-awareness, insights, confidence, and a recognition of your own values and strengths
MAP will be available to access on a rolling basis until Spring 2022. Resources will start being shared with chapters in Mid September and all workshops must be completed by May 15, 2022.