Use these materials to facilitate workshops focused on social impact career pathways with your chapter.
The Making a Path (MAP) program is an opportunity for Net Impact Chapter leaders to facilitate workshops for their members that support them in exploring social impact career pathways and identifying their own personal career paths. MAP provides Chapters with the resources, guidance, and tools needed to host a series of 4-6 exploratory and reflective conversations and exercises for small groups of Chapter members. These workshops focus on relevant topics and skill-building activities, such as values, identifying one’s assets, developing a pitch, and building a network. The workshops equip Chapter members with critical social impact career-specific knowledge and tools. By sharing challenges, ideas, and personal experiences, chapter members will deepen their sense of connection with each other and build peer groups that can accompany them along their social impact career journey.
Who is eligible to participate?
All undergraduate, graduate, and professional chapters are welcome to run a MAP program. This program benefits members in various professional circumstances, including:
- Members working in social impact are interested in expanding their network, reconnecting with their purpose and strengths, and exploring alternative pathways within social impact work.
- Members who are recent college graduates who are starting on their career path and seeking resources to help them discover their strengths and ways in which they can use their interests and skills to create a positive impact in the world through their careers.
Benefits for Chapters:
- Access to pre-designed workshops that are easy to implement and contain valuable resources, tools, guidance, and more.
- Support for group facilitators to improve their moderation skills, lead workshops, and guide participants through the program.
- Flexibility to adapt the curriculum to meet your Chapter's needs, as well as the option to facilitate the program multiple times throughout the year.
- Opportunity to earn Gold Points for Chapters that successfully complete the program.
Benefits for chapter members:
- Build community: Engage with a cohort of people on a similar journey as you, and build a network of support, peer mentorship, and accountability.
- Explore your interests: Discover social impact roles and how to align your interests with an impact-based career path.
- Identify your purpose and strengths: MAP will help clarify your purpose, skills, and career goals. Through a strengths-based approach, you will gain self-awareness, insights, confidence, and a recognition of your values and strengths.
MAP will be available to access on a rolling basis until March 2023. All workshops must be completed by May 15, 2023.