Net Impact Announces 2022-2023 Chapter of the Year Winners
Net Impact is proud to announce the 2022-2023 Chapter of the Year Winners, an award given to one outstanding Chapter in each of the following categories: Undergraduate, Graduate, International Student, Professional, and International Professional. This year’s winners are: the Net Impact Chapters at the University of California, Los Angeles (Undergraduate Chapter); Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management (Graduate Chapter); ESMT Berlin; the New York City Professional Chapter; and the Jeddah, Saudia Arabia Professional Chapter.
The Chapter of the Year award showcases Net Impact's objective of challenging local communities to make a positive impact in their community and the world. Each year, Net Impact selects five distinguished chapters from its network of more than 300 global chapters. Finalists submitted videos and reports detailing their accomplishments to a panel of judges from Net Impact’s board and advisory council. This year’s winners were chosen based on their leadership and commitment to Net Impact’s values. These Chapters exhibited extraordinary contributions to their communities.
Net Impact is proud to highlight the work the Chapter of the Year winners have accomplished within their local communities and as an essential part of Net Impact's international community. Highlights of the impact of these Chapters include:
- The University of California, Los Angeles (Undergraduate) demonstrated its impact by tackling nine consulting projects for nonprofits and businesses across the academic year. These projects included optimizing the location for the local LA farmers market and ensuring farmer profitability, recommending sustainable materials for a hydroponic tower company, creating an ESG evaluation framework for a wellness app, and more. Check out their highlight video here.
- The Northwestern University, Kellogg Graduate School of Management (Graduate) Chapter hosted two major social impact events to increase awareness across the entire campus community: a Social Impact Ice Cream Social that engaged over 100 students with Professor Dave Chen, one of the founding members of B-Lab, on what a B Corp is and their impact on consumers; and Social Impact Days, a 2-day event for incoming first years to participate in a micro case competition across four different impact tracks (Education, Health, etc). Check out their highlight video here
- ESMT Berlin (Graduate) Chapter demonstrated its commitment to sustainability and local and global impact by engaging with 3 Berlin-based organizations for a major city cleanup, and developing an SDG-analysis tool for a finance startup with a reach of 15,000+ companies. Check out their highlight video here
- New York City Professional’s flagship volunteer program, ServiceCorps, continues to connect organizations in the tri-state area to professionals for pro-bono services based on fit and skill set to assist these organizations in achieving their strategic business goals. Check out their highlight video here.
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Professional impacted more than 21,000 people and established 20 social startups in various fields such as health, education, recycling, and the environment. They hosted ten inspiration meetings to raise the awareness and skills of social entrepreneurs, incubated five social businesses, and ran an accelerator program for 12 social enterprises. Check out their highlight video here.
When asked about winning Net Impact’s Chapter of the Year award, members of the University of California, Los Angeles Chapter stated, “Our chapter is beyond excited to receive this award. We are incredibly grateful to our members, clients, and alumni for making Net Impact at UCLA an overwhelming success this past year. Their creativity, passion, and unwavering dedication will continue to help our club realize its values-driven goals next year and long into the future!” The ESMT Berlin Chapter noted, “Winning the Chapter of the Year international award is a great honor. We see it as a recognition of Net Impact ESMT’s continuous efforts over the years to foster collaboration and support positive change within ESMT, Berlin, and above.”
Congratulations to all of our global Chapters on an amazing year of impact!
To learn more about Net Impact’s 2022-2023 Chapter of the Year winners and to find out how to join a Chapter, visit netimpact.org.