Join us on Wednesday, April 27, 2022, at 10:00 am PT / 1:00 pm ET for A Career of Impact: Investing in Yourself and Your Community: an in-depth, multi-workshop event exploring how you can create positive social impacts and support regeneration through your career, your investments, and the ways in which you network and build connections with others. You're welcome to attend just one or all sessions. Use this tool to find the start time in your time zone.
This event is an opportunity to:
- Gain a better understanding of the social impact career landscape, trends, and predictions for emerging career fields.
- Help you connect (or reconnect!) with your purpose and gain practical tools to guide you in your career journey to create a better world for yourself and others.
- Learn about the ways in which your banking, investment, and other financial decisions can promote positive impacts for your community and the planet.
- Connect and network with fellow members of the Net Impact community, professionals, and social impact companies.
This sixth event in our Regenerative Economy series will provide opportunities to engage, learn, and connect as you delve deeper into exploring how the choices you make regarding your career and money can spark lasting social change. The event will spotlight three core areas where you can create an impact and support regeneration: 1. How you save and invest your money, 2. How you navigate your career, and 3. The connections and partnerships you build.
Part 1: Investing for Impact, 10:00 am PT / 1:00 pm ET
The first part of this event will focus on how you can create an impact as an individual through choices you make regarding your own personal finances, including how you structure your investments and 401K and what financial institutions and banks you choose to utilize for your savings.
Part 1 Speakers:
Ethan Powell, Principal & CIO of Brookmont, Founder of Impact Shares
Danielle Burns, VP of Business Development, C-Note
Moderator: M. Randall Strickland, Director, Pathstone; Member, Board of Directors, Net Impact
Part 2: Social Impact Career Landscape & Workshop, 11:00 am PT / 2:00 pm ET
The second portion of the event will focus on the social impact career landscape, with an emphasis on regenerative careers in fields such as circularity, environmental justice, and social entrepreneurship. Attendees will learn about the current landscape of impact-focused careers and what companies are looking for when recruiting. Participants will also gain insight into skills, tools, and resources to help shape their own regenerative careers.
Part 2 Speakers:
Marcos Salazar, CEO, Be Social Change
Jenn Lishansky, Chief Engagement Officer, Be Social Change
Caroline Ouwerkerk, Principal Career Coach, Caroline Ouwerkerk Consulting, LLC
Part 3: Career Networking & Connection Building, 12:30 pm PT / 3:30 pm ET
Lastly, participants will have an opportunity to connect with peers and social impact professionals through the option of joining smaller discussions focused on key areas of social impact, or one-on-one informal chats with fellow members of the Net Impact Community. Through these conversations, participants will build connections and strengthen their professional (and personal) networks to support social impact.
Themed Small Discussion Rooms:
- Elizabeth Sarquis, CEO & Founder, Global Gaming Initiative, LLC
- Olayinka Credle, Social Impact Entrepreneur, and DEI & Wealth Equity Consultant
- Marie Koesnodihardjo, Managing Partner, Mangrove Web Development, a Certified B-Corp
- Jennifer Silberman, VP, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), YETI; Net Impact Board Member
- Danielle Azoulay, VP, Head of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), Bed Bath & Beyond
Circularity & Regenerative Supply Chains
- Allie Strauss, Senior Project Manager, Supply Chain Sustainability, Keurig Dr. Pepper Inc.
- Ben Christensen, CEO at Cambium Carbon
- Ibada Wadud, Founder & Head of Impact, LULAH
- Mary Jane McQuillen, Managing Director, Portfolio Manager, Head of ESG Investment, ClearBridge Investments; Net Impact Board Member
- Eric Lee, Vice President, Aligned Climate Capital
- Milena Stojceska, Manager, Investor Experience, Unreasonable; MBA Sustainability Candidate, Bard College
Non-traditional Career Paths in Economics
- McKenzie Fleurimond, Economic Development Commission North Miami Beach, Vice Mayor - North Miami Beach
- Dr. Taron Richardson, Professor of Public Policy, University of Virginia / former City Manager/Chief Executive Officer for the City of Charlottesville, VA
STEM & Social Impact
- Jasmine Michelle Carbone, Web Developer & Designer, Animikii Inc.
- Abayomi Sofolahan, Software Engineer, Etsy
- Akhil Sarangadharan GeethaKumari, Founder & Managing Trustee, Sahridhaya
Environmental & Climate Justice (JEDI)
- Rachel Arlene Redeye Porter, Indigenous Rights & Climate Justice Activist; Co-Founder of Kneading Change; Founder, The Indigenous Enough Project
- Sophia Dossin, Regulatory Affairs Analyst, Invenergy LLC
- Kevin V. Shen, Northeast Transportation Policy Analyst, Union of Concerned Scientists
Check out some of our speakers: